scott_od

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ashesburn said:
scott_od said:
Has anybody managed to get Mario Kart working in English on their Wii Jap?

I managed to get it working. This was what I did.

QUOTE(ashesburn @ Apr 18 2008, 05:34 PM) I'm able to play and add a Mario Kart Channel on my Wii-Jpn 3.1j Wiikey 1.9g.

I did the following steps, which I believe are the same as most the guys around.

1) Patch the unscrubbed ISO with JinVa's ppf 2.
2) Apply the Wii Update Remover
3) Use Wii Region Free (WiiFrii) 2.3b to make it NTSC-J compatible, and to force the language as english.
4) Burn the ISO with Nero and play!

Thanks for the wonderful patch JinVa!

If you need the ppf2, get it from here.
http://gbatemp.net/up/mkwii2.zip

Thanks for your help ashesburn. The only problem I have is that I can't get my mario kart iso to work with WiiFrii 2.3b.
I always get the "common-key" error, but only on this iso - all other iso's work with WiiFrii without any problems

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, tried to get Harvest Moon (PAL) working on NTSC-J Wii but the screen keeps flickering (I had same issue with bomberman PAL). I've read that Freeloader can load the game, but is there a way to do it without? I used WiiFrii to convert PAL -> NTSC-J and used the recommended video mode.

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ashesburn said:
scott_od said:
Has anybody managed to get Mario Kart working in English on their Wii Jap?

I managed to get it working. This was what I did.

QUOTE(ashesburn @ Apr 18 2008, 05:34 PM) I'm able to play and add a Mario Kart Channel on my Wii-Jpn 3.1j Wiikey 1.9g.

I did the following steps, which I believe are the same as most the guys around.

1) Patch the unscrubbed ISO with JinVa's ppf 2.
2) Apply the Wii Update Remover
3) Use Wii Region Free (WiiFrii) 2.3b to make it NTSC-J compatible, and to force the language as english.
4) Burn the ISO with Nero and play!

Thanks for the wonderful patch JinVa!

If you need the ppf2, get it from here.
http://gbatemp.net/up/mkwii2.zip

Hey just a few questions/clarifications.. What mario kart did you use? NTSC-U or PAL? update remover = brickblocker right? and lastly the link you gave is the JinVa's ppf 2? just to clarify.. tnx!

j123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with Trauma center new blood (ntsc-U). I wanna play it in english on my ntsc-J wii.
I use WiiFrii2.3, and picked ntsc-u to ntsc-j. It then updated a couple of files, but it never asked me to choose language??
Well, I guess all is good, WBB:d it, and checked the region with wii regionfree.

I get a black screen after the "make sure you have your controller fastend" (in japanese).

So I got two problems,
1. It didnt work...
2. The language didnt change. I( did not get change language in WiiFrii)

Any suggestions?
(3.1J maro kart update..., 1.9g, Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I´m gettin there
wink.gif

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
j123456 said:
I have a problem with Trauma center new blood (ntsc-U). I wanna play it in english on my ntsc-J wii.
I use WiiFrii2.3, and picked ntsc-u to ntsc-j. It then updated a couple of files, but it never asked me to choose language??
Well, I guess all is good, WBB:d it, and checked the region with wii regionfree.

I get a black screen after the "make sure you have your controller fastend" (in japanese).

So I got two problems,
1. It didnt work...
2. The language didnt change. I( did not get change language in WiiFrii)

Any suggestions?
(3.1J maro kart update..., 1.9g, Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I´m gettin there
wink.gif

hi there, i have the same problem with my Trauma Center...
U chose the wrong option, u need to convert NTSC-J TO NTSC-U, then he ask for the language, and u can burn the iso.

About the Mario Kart, i use the Pal version in my Jap Wii... i have passed the wiibrickblocker and it works fine.

ocnode

Trophies
XP
Country
Jebs said:
Ok, tried to get Harvest Moon (PAL) working on NTSC-J Wii but the screen keeps flickering (I had same issue with bomberman PAL). I've read that Freeloader can load the game, but is there a way to do it without? I used WiiFrii to convert PAL -> NTSC-J and used the recommended video mode.

i too had problems with harvest moon

on jpn wii patched with wglp but just got black screen got copy of jpn freeloader game now loads with no problems as does zelda which didn,t before

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
scott_od said:
Thanks for your help ashesburn. The only problem I have is that I can't get my mario kart iso to work with WiiFrii 2.3b.
I always get the "common-key" error, but only on this iso - all other iso's work with WiiFrii without any problems

Hmmm...doesn't seem to make sense does it? I'm not really sure you know. Since all other ISOs seem to work, the problem doesn't seem to be a wrong key.bin then.

The only solutions I could think of are
1) Download the WiiFrii again and try it
2) Double check the key.bin
3) Download another version of Mario Kart Wii (OH OH...I applied it to a unscrubber version. Which version is yours? Is it the scrubbed one? That might or might not be the problem)

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
baseline007 said:
Hey just a few questions/clarifications.. What mario kart did you use? NTSC-U or PAL? update remover = brickblocker right? and lastly the link you gave is the JinVa's ppf 2? just to clarify.. tnx!

I was using the unsrcubbed PAL version. Wii Update Remover isn't the same as brickblocker. Have a look at this link
http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-100156.html

And yes, I'm refering to JinVa's ppf 2.

Hope that helps!

mamotz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi, im using a PAL mario kart wii on my JAP wii and i dont recieve any invitation for competitions, do you guys have the same problems?

scott_od

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ashesburn said:
scott_od said:

Hmmm...doesn't seem to make sense does it? I'm not really sure you know. Since all other ISOs seem to work, the problem doesn't seem to be a wrong key.bin then.

The only solutions I could think of are
1) Download the WiiFrii again and try it
2) Double check the key.bin
3) Download another version of Mario Kart Wii (OH OH...I applied it to a unscrubber version. Which version is yours? Is it the scrubbed one? That might or might not be the problem)

Thanks again ashesburn. Just to let you know that I gave up in the end. The English version of Mario Kart is now available from the street sellers here in China, so I just ended up buying it from them - 40p well spent!!

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
scott_od said:
Thanks again ashesburn. Just to let you know that I gave up in the end. The English version of Mario Kart is now available from the street sellers here in China, so I just ended up buying it from them - 40p well spent!!

English version? Do you mean the NTSC-US version? Does it work straight off without any modification?

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i did the same thing as you did ashesburn but only for the NTSC ppf patch not for pal.. the other thread has it... but my problem now is that my Wii doesnt detect the dvds at all ive tried 3 already.. I've already played the jap version, I was wondering if could play the full unscrubbed US version only applying the wiifrii2.3b.

I dont care about the channel, So I'm not installing it..

NTSC-J 3.1J_v2 (semibricked coz of SSBB-US)
Wiikey 1.9g

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
baseline007 said:
ok i did the same thing as you did ashesburn but only for the NTSC ppf patch not for pal.. the other thread has it... but my problem now is that my Wii doesnt detect the dvds at all ive tried 3 already.. I've already played the jap version, I was wondering if could play the full unscrubbed US version only applying the wiifrii2.3b.

I dont care about the channel, So I'm not installing it..

NTSC-J 3.1J_v2 (semibricked coz of SSBB-US)
Wiikey 1.9g

Hmm...I'm not really sure about NTSC-U. But yes, I did see a patch for the NTSC-U version on another thread.
The NTSC-U patch only removes the 001 error for the game and not the Wii Channel?

The Wii Region Free (WiiFrii) 2.3b seems to be useful for PAL games only, I could be wrong though.

Why not just try applying
1) the NTSC-U patch
2) Wii Update Remover
3) Burn the ISO at 4x speed

P.S Do use DVD+RWs when testing out games. That's what I do just so to make sure that I don't waste unnecessary DVD+Rs.

storyfolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the Mario Kart Wii NTSC-U QwiiF iso, have anyone tried this on their Jap Wiis?
My firmware is currently on 3.1J, wiikey on 1.9s.. and by the way i updated my wii to 3.1J through the Mario Kart Wii NTSC-J..
If the MKW-US does contain the 001 error, can i not just use the Wii Generic Patcher?
Also does it display text and voices in english or japanese? in that case do i need to use Wii Game Language Patcher?
Also i've heard things about the Mario Kart Channel errors.. have anyone tested the one from MKW(NTSC-U) to work on jap wiis? how?
And lastly will it still update if i already updated from the NTSC-J version? in that case do i need to use the WiiBrickBlocker?

looking forward for your answers and clarifications.. thanks!!

scott_od

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ashesburn said:
scott_od said:

English version? Do you mean the NTSC-US version? Does it work straight off without any modification?

Yes sorry - the NTSC US version. It works straight off, but I am using it with Freeloader to avoid the update.

storyfolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Yes sorry - the NTSC US version. It works straight off, but I am using it with Freeloader to avoid the update.

ok thanx for this info. i'll try to WiiBrickBlock the fresh ntsc-us .iso and burn it straight away..
will get back tomorrow for the results.. ::cross-fingers::

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya~
I have a question. I have one of the later/latest japanese wii releases. It is not modded at all. I want to just be able to play backup japanese games, i dont care about US releases as I have a US wii at home also. Is wiikey the only way still? Or will this not work with a japanese wii....like I stated before I just want to play only japanese backups on my japanese wii.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
storyfolds said:
ok thanx for this info. i'll try to WiiBrickBlock the fresh ntsc-us .iso and burn it straight away..
will get back tomorrow for the results.. ::cross-fingers::

Hiya, do post your results here yea? I'm interested to know the results too. If WBB doesn't work, do try Wii Update Remover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn