Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

Tsunamia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all, i'm new to this forum but been reading it for awhile.

Need a lil help with NTSC-J version of SSBB, DL'd and burnt it straight to DVD and loaded it up on a Jap Wii updated to 3.2J.

The game shows up on the preview screen and I think it tried to update my Wii, after which I get this screen. Anyone have an idea what problem this is?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot!

dsc00076si3.jpg

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that the SSBB US Backup will work on a Jap Wii after being brickblocked with no consequence (after already being updated by the Jap SSBB)?

That's what the compatibility list is claiming but I just want to make sure.

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsunamia said:

Need a lil help with NTSC-J version of SSBB, DL'd and burnt it straight to DVD and loaded it up on a Jap Wii updated to 3.2J.

The game shows up on the preview screen and I think it tried to update my Wii, after which I get this screen. Anyone have an idea what problem this is?

dsc00076si3.jpg

That error looks like the one you get with SMG - the 001 error which detects your chip. If you've got a Wiikey you need to update to 1.9G or you'll need to use Trucha Signer to remove the protection (though I can't confirm it for SBBB, it's been done for SMG)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Dnestr @ Mar 11 2008, 10:22 PM) Can anyone confirm that the SSBB US Backup will work on a Jap Wii after being brickblocked with no consequence (after already being updated by the Jap SSBB)?

Yes I've done it just now, I used Trucha Signer to replace the _update.inf with the WiiUpdatePatcher and burnt it to dual layer. I didn't use Brickblock on it because I don't think it works if you do that. Placed it in the drive and it ran first time, no prompting for update or anything. Played about 10 minutes then now I ocassionally get a green screen read error which i put down to bad media (will try reburn)

Jap Wii 3.1J
Wiikey 1.9G

Interestingly, I thought it would prompt me for the update, not sure if it's because of the WiiUpdatePatcher or because I've already updated using the Jap SSBB. Would be interested to know results.

monkeydjeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good day guys... i've been reading up all the recent articles/post in regards to modding ISO to make ntsc-u games to work on wii... however... i'm having difficulty in obtaining key.bin file.. i've been crzy in googling it all day... but no appropriate results... could someone kindly please send me a pm in regards to obtaining the file?

thanks in advanced...!!

Tsunamia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Gokou282 said:
Tsunamia said:

dsc00076si3.jpg

That error looks like the one you get with SMG - the 001 error which detects your chip. If you've got a Wiikey you need to update to 1.9G or you'll need to use Trucha Signer to remove the protection (though I can't confirm it for SBBB, it's been done for SMG)

Posts merged

QUOTE(Dnestr @ Mar 11 2008, 10:22 PM) Can anyone confirm that the SSBB US Backup will work on a Jap Wii after being brickblocked with no consequence (after already being updated by the Jap SSBB)?

Yes I've done it just now, I used Trucha Signer to replace the _update.inf with the WiiUpdatePatcher and burnt it to dual layer. I didn't use Brickblock on it because I don't think it works if you do that. Placed it in the drive and it ran first time, no prompting for update or anything. Played about 10 minutes then now I ocassionally get a green screen read error which i put down to bad media (will try reburn)

Jap Wii 3.1J
Wiikey 1.9G

Interestingly, I thought it would prompt me for the update, not sure if it's because of the WiiUpdatePatcher or because I've already updated using the Jap SSBB. Would be interested to know results.

Thanks Goku that worked!

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
what if my wii has not been already updated by SSBB(jap)? does allowing it to be updated completely with SSBB(US) just result in duplicated channels? (cos i already have duplicated channels from MP3 =/)

i have a jap wii, 3.2J using D2ckey btw...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
siokzz said:
what if my wii has not been already updated by SSBB(jap)? does allowing it to be updated completely with SSBB(US) just result in duplicated channels? (cos i already have duplicated channels from MP3 =/)

i would like to know that too.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
siokzz said:

if you haven't update your wii with SSBB jpn then it is better u swap the update or inf file with the inf from phroph because he/she edit the update from SSBB jpn so the update is JPN version. and let the update run.

one more thing, if u can get full inf file from SSBB jpn (before edit by proph), it better. just swap us update with jpn update.

moofiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
here's how i got my SSBB US to work on my jap wii.

trucha extract main.dol
Using Generic Patcher, patched main.dol to Eng
removed 001 error
signed with trucha
wbb it.
burn with imgburn 2.4x

and it works. No updates and runs great =D
its the same for SMG US with the additional step of removing the 001 error

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
epu708 said:
if you haven't update your wii with SSBB jpn then it is better u swap the update or inf file with the inf from phroph because he/she edit the update from SSBB jpn so the update is JPN version. and let the update run.

one more thing, if u can get full inf file from SSBB jpn (before edit by proph), it better. just swap us update with jpn update.

ok thanks! cos that patch was initially to allow SSBB (jpn) to be playable on US and PAL sets, so not sure if it's applicable for SSBB (US) on jpn sets..

will try it out in... a few days.. 21.2% and counting... just to be safe, anyone has the inf file from SSBB (jpn)?

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
God dammit - Having for some reason never updated to 3.2J, I stuck in SSBB US and updated immediately - welcome to semi-brick
frown.gif
. Anyone confirm that it is 3.2U, so I'm waiting for 3.3J?

whatyoudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trolling these forums since getting a Wiikey sometime ago, but stopped reading around the time MP3 came out. I have a JAP wii as well and have been trying to catch up w/ all these new patchers that have come out since WBB was put out. I'm also currently trying to figure out a way to play SBBB-US on a NTSC-J system but I seemed to be getting a bit confused as to how to go about it. My system hasn't been updated by the Japanese SBBB so should I be using WGLP to patch the main.dol and then WBBing be ok? Also the latest posts have been saying to use prohp's .inf file or even better the original .inf. How does that play into the equation if WBB removes the update. Sorry guys, having been away for so long I'm really only familiar with WBB and have a lot of catching up to do, so if I'm asking questions that seem to have obvious answers please go easy. Thanks.

jeffsteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My situation: Jap Wii + wiikey. I don't know the specific version numbers but I've been successfully playing the Jap DVD5 version of Smash Bros so my wii is updated already I believe.

I want to play the USA version.

What's the easiest way to do this? I see moofiee's post 2 above, but the truncha thing looks really complicated, so if I can avoid that because I've already got an updated wii I'd love to.

Do I need to do anything to the iso before burning?

Do I need to set a layer break with imgburn? If so what is it? (I have the WiiZARD release)

cheers

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whatyoudo said:
Hi, I've been trolling these forums since getting a Wiikey sometime ago, but stopped reading around the time MP3 came out. I have a JAP wii as well and have been trying to catch up w/ all these new patchers that have come out since WBB was put out. I'm also currently trying to figure out a way to play SBBB-US on a NTSC-J system but I seemed to be getting a bit confused as to how to go about it. My system hasn't been updated by the Japanese SBBB so should I be using WGLP to patch the main.dol and then WBBing be ok? Also the latest posts have been saying to use prohp's .inf file or even better the original .inf. How does that play into the equation if WBB removes the update. Sorry guys, having been away for so long I'm really only familiar with WBB and have a lot of catching up to do, so if I'm asking questions that seem to have obvious answers please go easy. Thanks.

hi, I did exactly as moofiee except I didn't WBB it.

I also put a layer break in (Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9, click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD)

I can't confirm whether just WBBing the ISO will work, but I can definitely confirm that replacing the .inf file will work and not update your system and give you the possibility of dual channels.

So to be safe, please use Trucha and replace the .inf file

Posts merged

QUOTE(jeffsteez @ Mar 13 2008, 08:14 AM) My situation: Jap Wii + wiikey. I don't know the specific version numbers but I've been successfully playing the Jap DVD5 version of Smash Bros so my wii is updated already I believe.

I want to play the USA version.

What's the easiest way to do this? I see moofiee's post 2 above, but the truncha thing looks really complicated, so if I can avoid that because I've already got an updated wii I'd love to.

Do I need to do anything to the iso before burning?

Do I need to set a layer break with imgburn? If so what is it? (I have the WiiZARD release)

cheers

If you don't want to go the Trucha way then there's the 15% trick (where you have to power off at 15%??) but I don't recommend it.

Put the layerbreak in - it doesn't hurt (see post above)

jeffsteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason I ask is that I don't *think* I need to update at all. I've already played the japanese version, so have the update from that.

Or is the USA update different?

thanks

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
whatyoudo said:

ok, i haven't tried it myself but from what i understand thus far, SSBB needs some updates to run, so if WBBing prevents the disc from updating u wouldn't be able to play the game.

using prohp's .inf allows the required updates to run and blocks the region-specific ones... wglp i believe is just a language patcher which i don't think is applicable for SSBB-US as it can be played in english on a jpn wii without patching...

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jeffsteez said:
The reason I ask is that I don't *think* I need to update at all. I've already played the japanese version, so have the update from that.

Or is the USA update different?

thanks

i believe some people have already managed to play the US version without updates after having previously updated with the japanese version...

so no, dun think u need to do the .inf replacement if u find using trucha too troublesome (i think everyone shld bite the bullet and learn how to use it though =P)

however, no harm using WBB just to be doubly sure that the US updates don't run...

jeffsteez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I can just burn the img with imgburn (no need to enter layer break) and play?

Or is there any issue playing the USA game on the JAP machine like there is with SMG?

Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup