Jap. games on US DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by nloding, Feb 7, 2007.

Feb 7, 2007

Jap. games on US DS? by nloding at 1:43 PM (606 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. nloding
    OP

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but regardless I don't know the answer!

If I travel to Japan, see a DS or GBA game that I think is cool, and I buy it ... Will it work in my US-bought DS?

I did some searching and found nothing that directly answered that question.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    There is no region coding on the DS, the closest that it ever came was with the US release of Metroid Prime Hunters where the Euro languages were disabled (and a patch released to enable them) or with the iQue DS (the China only model).

3. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Well, my US MPH (My local game store brings USA games [​IMG]) works on my European DS.

4. mario5555

mario5555 Newbie

OP, (original poster) all you had to type in was "Nintendo DS Region Free" in Google and the first thing to come up is the wikipedia article that says, it is region free.

Maybe you were just ignorant of "what" to type in, no harm, but now you know. [​IMG]

5. iori-kyo-k

Member iori-kyo-k GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yup region free indeed. Hopefully for us French guys, or else I would have been doomed to play stupid European releases only :/