• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

January 6th hearings

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile they support the increase of mass shootings of actual people, including kids.
That, good sir, is because they are either dogma-driven foot soldiers out for blood because something is keeping them poor and unsafe and their leaders are telling them it is evil death deserving leftists, or they're status quo loving individuals who operate on the principal of "F U got mine" while spreading misinformation to the prior mentioned folk.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... oh snap, they found us out! Big money in baby murder! Our nest egg is going to dry up! No wonder Musk overtook Bezos as the richest man in the world, without fresh baby blood the Amazon empire cannot compete!

Wait, no, I forgot how that is absolutely insane. I forgot that people like this are complete loony toons who are disconnected from reality at best and sad brainwashed NPCs more often than not. Corrupt corporations bankrolls both sides, to be fair, but the right always seems to be caught taking the majority of it, and the right is also the defender of policies that ensure the rich stay rich.
There are so many strawmen in this statement, I hope you don't start a fire. It is a known fact that Planned Parenthood's main source of income is through abortions. It is also a known fact that Planned Parenthood gave over $40 million in 2020 alone. 100% went to Democrats. That's a lot of money that those politicians won't be getting in 2022 and 2024. Cry moar.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many strawmen in this statement, I hope you don't start a fire. It is a known fact that Planned Parenthood's main source of income is through abortions. It is also a known fact that Planned Parenthood gave over $40 million in 2020 alone. 100% went to Democrats. That's a lot of money that those politicians won't be getting in 2022 and 2024. Cry moar.
You say this while acting like $40m is some kind of game changing figure for a women's health organization... in a country that doesn't provide free health care nor aide for single or even married working mothers with children via child care or even food. That money is a pittance compared to most campaign contributors, and it was to try and help ensure that women's rights continued to be represented. But go ahead, preach from your perch of privilege about how the majority of the country is wrong and you know what is best as rights are taken away. That never ends badly~

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say this while acting like $40m is some kind of game changing figure for a women's health organization... in a country that doesn't provide free health care nor aide for single or even married working mothers with children via child care or even food. That money is a pittance compared to most campaign contributors, and it was to try and help ensure that women's rights continued to be represented. But go ahead, preach from your perch of privilege about how the majority of the country is wrong and you know what is best as rights are taken away. That never ends badly~
Abortion was never a right. That's why it was taken away. The right to life supersedes all other rights. It's sad that a baby's life makes you so angry. Seek help.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abortion was never a right. That's why it was taken away. The right to life supersedes all other rights. It's sad that a baby's life makes you so angry. Seek help.
The past 50ish years would speak to the contrary. But hey, tell ya what, if you're so concerned about kids and want to ignore the plight of women and the serious health conditions pregnancy and birth in a country with no health care, go adopt a couple kids and raise them solo, then come back to tell your tale. I'll wait.

I've got two kids, and would have had four if circumstances hadn't prevented it. A miscarriage occurred, and the following pregnancy soon after had painful complications that could have gotten exponentially more dangerous. My two children now still have two parents who work very hard to afford them a better life and I have no regrets about the decisions that had to be made. Stupid decisions like this might have lead to a single parent household with MAYBE three kids and gods only know what kinds of complications if the third did make it, so you'd better believe I'm damn angry, and so are the majority of the citizens of the country that just betrayed their trust.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The past 50ish years would speak to the contrary. But hey, tell ya what, if you're so concerned about kids and want to ignore the plight of women and the serious health conditions pregnancy and birth in a country with no health care, go adopt a couple kids and raise them solo, then come back to tell your tale. I'll wait.

I've got two kids, and would have had four if circumstances hadn't prevented it. A miscarriage occurred, and the following pregnancy soon after had painful complications that could have gotten exponentially more dangerous. My two children now still have two parents who work very hard to afford them a better life and I have no regrets about the decisions that had to be made. Stupid decisions like this might have lead to a single parent household with MAYBE three kids and gods only know what kinds of complications if the third did make it, so you'd better believe I'm damn angry, and so are the majority of the citizens of the country that just betrayed their trust.
Sorry to hear about your troubled pregnancies. I'm sure your decision was not an easy one to make.

However, this is what happens when activist courts start making up rights out of thin air. Courts cannot create rights. We are born with them. They are protected by the Constitution from the government. That's how it works here. If you want abortion to be protected, pass a Constitutional amendment. It's that easy if you are truly in the majority.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your troubled pregnancies. I'm sure your decision was not an easy one to make.

However, this is what happens when activist courts start making up rights out of thin air. Courts cannot create rights. We are born with them. They are protected by the Constitution from the government. That's how it works here. If you want abortion to be protected, pass a Constitutional amendment. It's that easy if you are truly in the majority.
The PEOPLE are in a majority with their wishes, but political power is being centralized and limited more and more to the rich and elite individuals at the top of society. Courts interpret law by the rulings of mortal men with their own biases and objectives, which can grant or restrict rights as we've seen with these wild rapid fire rulings. As a vet who has worked with the Registrar of Voters for several elections, I can assure you that the politicians who push the people who rammed in these rulings in the supreme court were not elected solely by popular want, but bankrolled campaigns in gerrymandered districts to limit the power of democracy.

Most amendments, by the way, only get added after either a war, mass protest, or outright riots. It isn't a simple process, but it may be required in order to serve the public will. I wouldn't wish for it to be necessary, but so it goes.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PEOPLE are in a majority with their wishes, but political power is being centralized and limited more and more to the rich and elite individuals at the top of society. Courts interpret law by the rulings of mortal men with their own biases and objectives, which can grant or restrict rights as we've seen with these wild rapid fire rulings. As a vet who has worked with the Registrar of Voters for several elections, I can assure you that the politicians who push the people who rammed in these rulings in the supreme court were not elected solely by popular want, but bankrolled campaigns in gerrymandered districts to limit the power of democracy.

Most amendments, by the way, only get added after either a war, mass protest, or outright riots. It isn't a simple process, but it may be required in order to serve the public will. I wouldn't wish for it to be necessary, but so it goes.
Supreme Court justices are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Gerrymandered districts have zero bearing on the election of none of those people. Study up on civics.

You know a good way to stop the centralization of power? Us taking it away from the federal government and giving it back to the states where it belongs, but the left is diametrically opposed to federalism. Centralized totalitarianism is what you strive for. It's what leftists always strive for, whether it's the Soviet Union, Red China or 1930's Germany. The end result of leftism always ends up in starvation and death.

Reactions: zfreeman

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supreme Court justices are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Gerrymandered districts have zero bearing on the election of none of those people. Study up on civics.

You know a good way to stop the centralization of power? Us taking it away from the federal government and giving it back to the states where it belongs, but the left is diametrically opposed to federalism. Centralized totalitarianism is what you strive for. It's what leftists always strive for, whether it's the Soviet Union, Red China or 1930's Germany. The end result of leftism always ends up in starvation and death.
Comrade, the supreme court made it to this point in an effort by the right to consolidate power. Unless you're talking about dissolving the union in order to turn states into independent countries like Texas just did, this has been a transparent display of the system being gamed and centralized by the REPUBLICAN party. Gerrymandered districts leads to state officials being elected without the popular vote of the states they represent, which yields powers and benefits to their parties in those states in even presidential elections let alone seats in the Senate and Congress. Study up on civics.

You're also completely a disingenuous dick if you think that LEFTISTS are trying to strive for the totalitarianism of the communist boogeymen of the past. Those three governments leaned more towards right wing nationalist policies, and do not apply AT ALL to progressive measures like universal healthcare and gun control laws akin to those hosted in other countries. Leftists are for dismantling systems for stifling democracy and improving the functionality of government, and they are the majority of the population in the United States. You may not like it, but the will of the people is not with you, and I encourage you to consider self reflection on why that is.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comrade, the supreme court made it to this point in an effort by the right to consolidate power. Unless you're talking about dissolving the union in order to turn states into independent countries like Texas just did, this has been a transparent display of the system being gamed and centralized by the REPUBLICAN party. Gerrymandered districts leads to state officials being elected without the popular vote of the states they represent, which yields powers and benefits to their parties in those states in even presidential elections let alone seats in the Senate and Congress. Study up on civics.

You're also completely a disingenuous dick if you think that LEFTISTS are trying to strive for the totalitarianism of the communist boogeymen of the past. Those three governments leaned more towards right wing nationalist policies, and do not apply AT ALL to progressive measures like universal healthcare and gun control laws akin to those hosted in other countries. Leftists are for dismantling systems for stifling democracy and improving the functionality of government, and they are the majority of the population in the United States. You may not like it, but the will of the people is not with you, and I encourage you to consider self reflection on why that is.
Look up federalism. You'll learn that it was the states who created the federal government, not the other way around. One bit of good news for ya though. New York's gerrymandered map got shot down by their state courts and were redrawn. I'd like to see how that's the fault of a gamed and centralized system by the Republican party.

Don't be ashamed of your history. Being a nationalist or globalist has zero bearing on totalitarians, but it is fun watching the left try to dismiss Chairman Mao and Stalin as right wing nationalists. This is one reason why people do not believe you anymore. The left's lies have become so blatant that I've seen people call the Chinese Communist Party capitalists.

So no, I'm not being a dick. I'm just a guy calling out leftist lies on a message board.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Furthermore, the constitution is just a piece of paper. We can amend it to say anything and everything we want it to with sufficient power.
Then amend it. Since the left are in the majority, it should be easy, right? Instead, the left changes the meaning of words, because you are not in the majority like you believe. The only options the left have now are insurrections in state capitols and burning down pregnancy centers and churches.

Reactions: Digital_Cheese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there