Gaming Jam with the band error code 31111

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I always get an error code 31111 if attempting to download a song online, the song I'm trying to download is New Super Mario Bros and I'm using a Supercard DSTWO, tried it with Clean and Patched and even so it didn't work, do I need to patch the game or something?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Downloading has never EVER worked in Jam with the Band on Flash Cards for some reason. I don't know if anyone's found out a reason for this, and as far as I know most other DS games download just fine when played through a Flash Card.

Getting custom songs is still possible, however! You will need BDX files and a song insertion program, though one of the programs you can get requires extra steps to make it work.

===========================================================

Option One: BDX Tool
Note: Only songs inserted to the first 50 slots will be recognized. All others will be ignored.

Option Two: Degausser
Note: 150 songs may be inserted, but you must fiddle with the program and split your save file temporarily to make it work.

Option Three: Pre-Generated Save Files
Note: You will need to rename the save to be identical to the ROM, other than the ".nds" part

===========================================================

By the way, if you preview any of the songs with either song-insertion program, they may sound wrong or out of tune. This is because a computer cannot play some of the sounds Jam with the Band can make, despite the game being wholly midi-based. Don't worry! When you play the song in the game, it should sound correct (there are a few rare exceptions to this, but the only way you can tell before playing it in-game is to find someone who's heard the song in-game, which can take much longer than just testing it in-game).

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
^
No, the Wifi services go down on 05/20/14.

Also, Jam with the Band/Daigasso! Band Brothers DX Wifi doesn't work on flashcarts, so don't bother trying.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
^
Hehe, it happens!

Btw, this is the reason I know why the download doesn't work. Each game has a unique ID, which is used to connect to the Nintendo servers. The thing is, the rom dumps have all the same ID, so shortly after people connected, Nintendo banned this ID.

D

Deleted-236924

If someone knows exactly which songs are in the list for the wi-fi downloads, tell me which ones you would like to get so that I can download them.

That way they can be dumped once people figure out how to dump saves from JwtB.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If someone knows exactly which songs are in the list for the wi-fi downloads, tell me which ones you would like to get so that I can download them.

That way they can be dumped once people figure out how to dump saves from JwtB.

I believe that some of the songs in the Wi-Fi download list are already in the Mega BDX Pack that I linked above, actually... I'm not sure if ALL of them are, but there's at least one that I know of now...

D

Deleted-236924

It's possible that there might be some, but I'm positive that it doesn't have all of them.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh, if it isn't working I won't get the game just for that sole reason, I already inserted a few bdx files with my favorite tunes and enjoying it playing it with the Jam Band Live Channel.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, if it isn't working I won't get the game just for that sole reason, I already inserted a few bdx files with my favorite tunes and enjoying it playing it with the Jam Band Live Channel.

If you were going to actually buy it, the downloading not working only on flash cards shouldn't sway your decision at all. It IS working on legit cartridges of the game.

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About a few months ago I tried downloading songs on a flash card, didn't work with my DS set to english. Then I saw some of the box arts on those sites were german. So I tried it with my DS set to German (Deutsch) and it actually works. Maybe it bans per language and it's banned by now, but I don't know. I haven't tried again after downloading 2 save files full of 50 songs. I originally wanted to download them all for archival purposes, around 350. They take about 10 seconds for each download, which is such an inconvenient time; since it's too short to do anything in between, and too long to be fully devoted to the task. So I just used the tool instead for the rest, though I don't know if that song pack are the same songs from the official server.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Jam with the band and Daigasso Band Brothers DX both have unique ID with the rom. They can easily ban flash cards users as everyone who has downloaded the game uses same ID as many other users does.

Ripping game from legit card and playing should work. However like said Nintendo WiFi is getting its plug pulled next month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM