Jailbroken ps4 pro chgange SSD

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have in my ps4 pro a 1tb SSD but I would like to transfer/copy everything on it in a 500gb SSD (because I need that SSD for something else). When I say everything I mean trophies, screenshots, videos, apps, games, games saves,... Is it possible ?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it’s possible.

There are payloads and FTP for backing up critical files and the actual backup/restore option on the console to do the rest.

You will need an external drive/storage as an intermediary.

Then you will need to re-install your current firmware when you replace the internal hdd.

Reactions: tabzer

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes it’s possible.

There are payloads and FTP for backing up critical files and the actual backup/restore option on the console to do the rest.

You will need an external drive/storage as an intermediary.

Then you will need to re-install your current firmware when you replace the internal hdd.
Thanks for your answer, what are the critical files ? Also does the backup/restore option backup and restore installed fpkg ? Because some installed fpkg are dumped games so it would take a long time to dump again. Or maybe should I just transfer them into an extended storage ?
What about the trophies ? Is there an easy way to transfer them with the photos ?
Do you know a tutorial to do all of that please ?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
thats why I bought clone ssd hdd
dual bay station its clone ssd 2 ssd without pc fast I think https://www.unitek-products.com/pro...d-ssd-docking-station-with-uasp-offline-clone
That wouldn't work in the OP's case as he is going from 1TB down to 500GB, He needs to use the ps4 to format the drive and partition it via installing the drive into the ps4 and then installing the firmware so that the ps4 writes those to the drive. Then he can restore the backup files he made to the new drive - assuming they will now fit on the remaining space of the drive as the filesystem and partitions will take up around 100GB of that, so he will only have about 400GB space to restore his files.
TBH there's about a million guides on how to do this - a quick google "ps4 transfer data to new hard drive", should show him how.

Huex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer, I am still not sure abour trophies: I have to copy the USER/HOME/XXXXXXXXX/TROPHY folder and the USER/TROPHY folder but will it also copy trophies thumbnails and trophies screenshots ?

krzys4x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hope I can clone for example 2tb hdd 2.5 to 2tb ssd 2.5 or 4tb 2 partitions to 20 tb does it clone partiotions or not tell me thanx

NEILYOUNG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hard to clone but it works with aomei backupper
Post automatically merged:

when I clone with aomei backuper it works great but you have to connect to internet and if you are on 9.00 shit you can t connect your account

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hard to clone but it works with aomei backupper
Post automatically merged:

when I clone with aomei backuper it works great but you have to connect to internet and if you are on 9.00 shit you can t connect your account
That’s why cloning is a “bad idea “, you just need an “intermediate “ Hdd .

Never tried cloning, even if I have Amoei, always did the “old way”../

NEILYOUNG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That’s why cloning is a “bad idea “, you just need an “intermediate “ Hdd .

Never tried cloning, even if I have Amoei, always did the “old way”../
The problem is i can't connect to internet if i want to stay at 9.00 firmware... cloning works very well

KellyCollins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Yes, it's entirely possible to transfer your data from a larger SSD to a smaller one, provided the total used space on the 1TB SSD is less than 500GB. If you're over that, you'll need to make some decisions on what to keep and what to delete.

Here's a quick rundown of the process:

1. Backup Data to an External Drive: Using the PS4's built-in backup utility, you can back up your games, save data, and other data to an external hard drive.
  2. Replace the 1TB SSD with the 500GB SSD: Physically replace the old drive with the new one.
  3. Initialize the PS4: Upon booting up with the new SSD, your PS4 will prompt you to install the system software. Use a USB drive to do this.
  4. Restore from Backup: Connect the external drive where you backed up your data, and use the restore function on your PS4.
Remember, trophies are tied to your PSN account and are stored in the cloud, so you don't have to worry about them. However, to be on the safe side, sync your trophies with PSN before doing any transfer.

For game saves, I'd also recommend uploading them to the PS Plus cloud storage if you have a subscription, just to have an extra layer of safety.

Good luck with your transfer, and I hope it goes smoothly!

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it's entirely possible to transfer your data from a larger SSD to a smaller one, provided the total used space on the 1TB SSD is less than 500GB. If you're over that, you'll need to make some decisions on what to keep and what to delete.

Here's a quick rundown of the process:

1. Backup Data to an External Drive: Using the PS4's built-in backup utility, you can back up your games, save data, and other data to an external hard drive.
  2. Replace the 1TB SSD with the 500GB SSD: Physically replace the old drive with the new one.
  3. Initialize the PS4: Upon booting up with the new SSD, your PS4 will prompt you to install the system software. Use a USB drive to do this.
  4. Restore from Backup: Connect the external drive where you backed up your data, and use the restore function on your PS4.
Remember, trophies are tied to your PSN account and are stored in the cloud, so you don't have to worry about them. However, to be on the safe side, sync your trophies with PSN before doing any transfer.

For game saves, I'd also recommend uploading them to the PS Plus cloud storage if you have a subscription, just to have an extra layer of safety.

Good luck with your transfer, and I hope it goes smoothly!
Read the OP, no internet connection, otherwise loose of 9.00 jailbreak, trophies can be retrieved via ftp, and the method you described, is what I said on my previous post, using an external hard drive, rather than try to clone.

And, again, SSD are useless on the PS4, only issues at the end, the console was never built for SSD.

GHARg

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Read the OP, no internet connection, otherwise loose of 9.00 jailbreak, trophies can be retrieved via ftp, and the method you described, is what I said on my previous post, using an external hard drive, rather than try to clone.

And, again, SSD are useless on the PS4, only issues at the end, the console was never built for SSD.
Hi could you explain what would it be useless and what issues ? Loading times is better ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi could you explain what would it be useless and what issues ? Loading times is better ?
PS4 was never designed for SSD, so issues are corrupted database, and SSD failure. No better loading times, on the PS4, at least in games.

From my point of view, Using an SSD as extended storage is okay, but not as internal.

Last edited by Maupiti,

GHARg

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PS4 was never designed for SSD, so issues are corrupted database, and SSD failure. No better loading times, on the PS4, at least in games.

From my point of view, Using an SSD as extended storage is okay, but not as internal.
is it also on ps4 pro ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum