JailbreakMe 3.0 released!

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'll make this post short and sweet.

One of the most well known iOS hackers (formerly a Wii hacker) has released yet another iOS jailbreak. Untethered.
This is his second exploit that works DIRECTLY ON YOUR DEVICE. So, I guess Apple can say more Post-PC crap? :3

The only really cool thing about this is that it's the first not leaked iPad 2 jailbreak. Yay~

Anyway, here's the link.

Access it on your iOS device.

http://www.jailbreakme.com//

EDIT: Comex was rushed so for now it's only iOS 4.3.3. But he said if you're patient he'll update for other versions too.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed a bug that's pissing me off.

When you go to your Springboard on the iPad 2 now, the rotation is a lot slower.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice, comex works fast
biggrin.gif
!
I havent jailbroken since greenp0ison's release lol.

Dont really have any use to be honest, I buy most apps and nothing fancy is needed for me.

Still, might go for it lol.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doesn't want to work for me.
Just updated my iPod touch to 4.3.3 and when I run the jailbreakme.com installer, the Cydia icon shows up on the springboard and begins downloading, but when the text switches to 'installing', the icon just deletes itself.

Maybe the site is under a lot of demand at the moment.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RupeeClock said:
Just updated my iPod touch to 4.3.3 and when I run the jailbreakme.com installer, the Cydia icon shows up on the springboard and begins downloading, but when the text switches to 'installing', the icon just deletes itself.

Wasnt it advised to back up all your stuff and restore your iPhone before jailbreaking?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
RupeeClock said:

Wasnt it advised to back up all your stuff and restore your iPhone before jailbreaking?
Of course I did that. Backup that is, the site says nothing about restoring the iDevice first.
Now it just froze my springboard, although the software is still somewhat responding, I can triple-click home to toggle the inverted colour mode.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
If I am right, after cydia disappears you are supposed to reboot your device, which may take slightly longer than usual. Then cydia will be there.

Edit: Noticed a spelling error
tongue.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
infinete said:
If I am right, after cydia disappears you are supposed to reboot your device, which may take slightly longer than usual. The cydia will be there.
The site should actually include a very basic instruction like that, it doesn't.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
infinete said:
If I am right, after cydia disappears you are supposed to reboot your device, which may take slightly longer than usual. The cydia will be there.
The site should actually include a very basic instruction like that, it doesn't.
I could be wrong, I am just going by what I have read on another site during the "leak". Maybe just the leaked version needed that done at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte