Jailbreak iPod Touch 3g on 3.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by flameo200, Feb 24, 2010.

Feb 24, 2010
  1. flameo200
    OP

Newcomer flameo200 Member

United States
    While trying to get a gameboy emulator, my ipod crashed. I foolishly restored it to 3.1.3. Is there a way to jailbreak? I keep hearing the usual dev teams haven't come up with anything, but also heard of people downgrading to 3.1.2. Also, my iPod is a MCxxxxx model. Thought I'd ask here as you guys have been so helpful with my DS, thank you!

2. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    IIRC some guy downgraded his 3G by using the 2g 3.1.2 firmware, put it in DFU and try that

3. Matt140

Member Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    If your 3G is an 8GB model, you have a chance (see iPod Touch Fans). If it's a 32GB or 64GB version, then for now your (like me) out of luck [​IMG].

Btw, I'm not sure if posting the link is against board rules (if it counts as hacking etc) if it is, feel free to remove it [​IMG].

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Since you had it jailbroken, Cydia should have backed up the files necessary to downgrade. If you did let Cydia do its thing, follow these instructions. Here's the 3.1.2 link if you need it. Good luck! (This is NOT copyright infringement; look at the URL. [​IMG])

iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 3G users have no excuse to not have this set up. I don't know if "MC" iPod touch 2G (often mislabeled 8 GB iPod touch 3G) users can be exempt from this.

5. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I hear that there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 from redsn0w on Youtube. Try looking around there.