OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Guys can anyone help me?

I have iPhone 3gs version 4.0 (8A293)

I would like to jailbreak it but i tried to use sn0wbreeze but it said that it cannot break my device unless it has already been jailbroken

can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Des

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you've accidently upgraded to 4.0.2 which has patched the PDF function. Luckily Apple is still signing the 4.0.1 restores so if you can get a version of 4.0.1 for your iPhone then you can restore to that by Shift-clicking the restore button in iTUnes and navigating to the file.

ZeD

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i haven't updated to the new version - when i plug my iPhone is asks me to update

EDIT: does it have to be on 4.0.1? Because mine is on 4.0

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Should work on just 4.0 as well. 4.0.1 was a small update for iPhones so you might want to try it. Not sure if it appears on the settings though. I have an iPod 3G which only runs 4.0 (iPods didn't need the update)
Restoring to 4.0.1 can't do any harm though, can it?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
JailbreakMe should be working for you, looking around on other forums posts from today are showing many other users getting the same 'The file received is invalid' error, so it's most likely something server-wise on the JailbreakMe end, only thing you can do is wait.

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
JailbreakMe should be working for you, looking around on other forums posts from today are showing many other users getting the same 'The file received is invalid' error, so it's most likely something server-wise on the JailbreakMe end, only thing you can do is wait.
MuscleNerd tweeted earlier, that he is working on fixing jailbreakme.com, which I assumes, means it's down for now

ZeD

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still no fix
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat