I've got a strange request

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tokyomaster, Mar 29, 2011.

Mar 29, 2011

I've got a strange request by tokyomaster at 7:21 AM (1,846 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. tokyomaster
    OP

Newcomer tokyomaster Newbie

United States
    As the title states, I do have a strange request to everyone here on the boards. At first I am very sorry if this is breaking the forum rules. If this does, please close and delete this post. I had traded in my DSL in for my 3DS unaware that it would be needed to update my Acekard 2i. So my request is that if there is anyone out there who could possibly share the firmware with me then I will forever be in your debt!!

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    The 3DS fix updates the actual Acekard2i, not the firmware. You're going to need to find somebody with a DS, DSlite, or DSi and apply the update yourself if you want to be able to use it.

3. drfsupercenter

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    I think he means he wants someone to update it for him.

I'd be willing to do it if you mail me your card, and I can send it back. That works?

4. NoOneDies

Member NoOneDies GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you sure you don't have a famiily member that owns one, perhaps you could borrow it from him/her.

5. pinesal

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe a used game store will let you "test" a used DS.

6. tokyomaster
    OP

Newcomer tokyomaster Newbie

United States
    Hey guys thanks for the advice!!

I unfortunately do not have a family member or close friend with one. I'm the Nintendo fanboy in my family.

I was thinking that maybe I could ask the guy at GameStop to see if I could borrow/use a DS for a bit, but I don't think they'd go for that much!

Also drfs, I wouldn't be against your idea either mailing my card to you lol.

I'd just love to play my DS games again so I can finish Pokemon Black [​IMG]

7. drfsupercenter

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Well let me know. My offer stands if you want to mail me the card, just send me a PM and I'll give you my address.