I've gone and done it. (Themehax)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Author, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Author
    OP

Author ****NEWS**FLASH**** 1 /̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅''

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    help help help

I uninstalled old themehax with the new installer and reinstalled it. I cannot accesss HBL by holding down the button, what do I do? I'm panicking!!

2. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    IronFall, CN or OoT?

3. Coleman_C18

Coleman_C18 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    why would you uninstall it? you can update themehax while in themehax. Your only option is browserhax to get it back now if thats even working for you.

SomeGamer likes this.
  4. Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Louch 雪 Daishiteru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brazil
    I had the same problem, but later i realised that the menuhax was only detecting my input when booting up the console pressing the button, but not when i press Power + Home. Try doing the same thing, should work if you really installed the menuhax.

cynosura, Ar7ific1al and SomeGamer like this.
  5. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    The same thing happened to me. I isntalled ThemeHax 2.0 with the installer and rebooted back to my home menu. Pressed power then home, held L. Nothing happened. I almost crapped myself. I turned off the system then held L while it powered back on and boom, HBL. Perhaps this is a bug in ThemeHax 2.0? Or perhaps the ability to boot HBL from the power/home button combo was a bug? lol

Ammako and Louch 雪 Daishiteru like this.
  6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    According to someone in #3dsdev it's not a bug; the new version loads another theme cache once the home menu loads, and thus the hack isn't present, or something like that.

7. Author
    OP

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    Well, shit. I don't have OoT or IronFall or Cubic Ninja. Powering down the console and holding L didn't work. RIP

8. Ar7ific1al

Ar7ific1al GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2009
    United States
    Ah, I see. That makes sense (to me). Good to know, thanks. :)

9. Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Louch 雪 Daishiteru Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brazil
    I had the same desperate feeling! xD

10. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    What FW version are you on? If your below 9.9 you should still be able to load browserhax. If you're not below 9.9 and you're on a N3DS you can actually race the update block on the browser. There's also smashhax to fall back on.

edit: actually smash hax will only work if you already have the Game or the demo, because no eshop. You can always just l always go buy a copy. It's a fun game.

Last edited by olshrimpeyes, Oct 31, 2015
    SomeGamer likes this.
  11. Author
    OP

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    YES YES YES!! I GOT BROWSERHAX WORKING ON MY 10.1 new 3DS! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

zezzo, TLOZmaster, KiiWii and 2 others like this.
  12. Deletable_Man

Deletable_Man Old Man

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    Good to see you got yours solved. I fucked up as well. I went messing around in the 3DS themes menu after updating my themehax and applied the basic black theme and my themehax no longer works. No browserhax on 10.1 O3DS. OoT requires setting up with a previous hax, so no good. Smash is unfathomable. Ah well, good while it lasted. :grog: TBH every emulator that I could run at 100% runs on my DSTwo at 100% already so I guess it's not the worst thing.