Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Places that don't have them: DX, Amazon, eBay, Nintendo's official parts site.

Anyone know a site I haven't been that has them? I don't care the color, I just need a new one and don't want to buy a whole new micro.

D

Deleted User

They are really hard to come by these days. I was lucky and got some on Amazon marketplace a couple of months ago, but it took me quite some time until I found them.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres a store by my house with them
smile.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd email Nintendo and ask if they've got any, even though they're missing from the spares site it can't hurt to try. The Europe site still lists them but you have to order over email/phone so there's no indication of stock levels.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need one too.
frown.gif

...so hard to find.

If you ever find one, can you PM me?
I don't think I'm ever going to find one.

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's terribly hard to find any!
Last year I bought my Micro I was looking for ANY new faceplate because the actual one was scratched.
In the end, I desperately bought two original faceplates from US Nintendo on-line shop. EU Nintendo doesn't sell them and (as far as i know) they never did!
Problem is that US Nintendo does not send to EU. I was forced to use some special company which receives the package and later sends it overseas. Total postage was three times the cost of those faceplates
frown.gif

How lucky i was when later I found someone selling unoriginal (chinese) faceplates on german eBay.
So now I have two original ones and two fakes
wink.gif

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
I'd email Nintendo and ask if they've got any, even though they're missing from the spares site it can't hurt to try. The Europe site still lists them but you have to order over email/phone so there's no indication of stock levels.

This is actually a really good idea. It's hard to imagine they'd have battery covers (which are listed on the site) and not faceplates.

o0ICE0o said:
If you ever find one, can you PM me?

I'd be happy to help a temper in need.

TM2-Megatron said:
There's a small videogame store near me that had a few, as of the last time I was there. I've never really looked closely at them, though. I've got the 20th Anniversary Famicom Micro, so I don't exactly need faceplates.

I have the famicom one too, but during a very very stupid time in my life, I'd carry it unprotected in my pocket. I thought I was slick because I'd play it under my desk in school, but I guess the joke's on me; the screen is now horribly scratched.
frown.gif

QUOTE(defor @ Mar 1 2010, 09:59 AM)
It's terribly hard to find any!
Last year I bought my Micro I was looking for ANY new faceplate because the actual one was scratched.
In the end, I desperately bought two original faceplates from US Nintendo on-line shop. EU Nintendo doesn't sell them and (as far as i know) they never did!
Problem is that US Nintendo does not send to EU. I was forced to use some special company which receives the package and later sends it overseas. Total postage was three times the cost of those faceplates
frown.gif

How lucky i was when later I found someone selling unoriginal (chinese) faceplates on german eBay.
So now I have two original ones and two fakes
wink.gif

Were they listed on the site or did you have to contact them? I hope this doesn't mean they were discontinued! I'd be more than content with fakes, and I'm shocked DX doesn't have any.

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Danny Tanner said:
Were they listed on the site or did you have to contact them? I hope this doesn't mean they were discontinued! I'd be more than content with fakes, and I'm shocked DX doesn't have any.
They were listed. Black and white ones.
Those chinese fakes was just a lucky pick on german eBay. Try to check it regularly and maybe you'll be lucky too?
Yes, I tried to browse various chinese sites as well. It seems that they stopped manufacturing them
frown.gif
Just same case with good flash cards
frown.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Danny Tanner said:
I have the famicom one too, but during a very very stupid time in my life, I'd carry it unprotected in my pocket. I thought I was slick because I'd play it under my desk in school, but I guess the joke's on me; the screen is now horribly scratched.
frown.gif

Ah, that's rough. I've barely ever actually played on mine; only enough to really test that all the buttons worked and it had no dead pixels. To be honest, I'd be too worried about playing it heavily as I want to keep it as more of a collection piece... it's got to be the most attractive handheld device ever released by Nintendo, to date.

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Danny Tanner said:
frown.gif

Ah, that's rough. I've barely ever actually played on mine; only enough to really test that all the buttons worked and it had no dead pixels. To be honest, I'd be too worried about playing it heavily as I want to keep it as more of a collection piece... it's got to be the most attractive handheld device ever released by Nintendo, to date.

Stop rubbing it in
tongue.gif
lmao

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also, im not handing it out for free. whoever wants is at least covering cost of shipping. im a poor uni student lol.

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Danny Tanner said:
Places that don't have them: DX, Amazon, eBay, Nintendo's official parts site.

Anyone know a site I haven't been that has them? I don't care the color, I just need a new one and don't want to buy a whole new micro.
I rarely post to anything on the internet but, I called Nintendo, a few days ago, asking to buy a GB Micro faceplate, along with some other stuff, and it turns out that they do still have some but only the camouflage and ladybug designs. They're $4.95 and $5.00 for shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F