its here its here ak 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dsjoes, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

its here its here ak 2i by dsjoes at 6:21 PM (1,298 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. dsjoes
    OP

Member dsjoes GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i have received acekard 2i today and i am just setting it up and i want to know if it is normal for the pins not to got to the bottom of the cartpic below
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ant92

Newcomer ant92 Newbie

United Kingdom
    i just got mine today and it looks exactly like yours

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Yep, looks fine to me. Happy gaming.

4. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks it looks totally different to the real r4

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    because its a completly different flash linker, perhaps? =P

-another world

6. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    haha

has anyone got a theme i can try because i have tryed some and they just make the cart crash the cart also crashes when i try to choose cheats

7. Another World

Colombia
    are you using akaio? 99% of the themes at the acekard homepage should work in akaio.

-another world

8. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    yes i am the only themes i am able to use are the 2 default ones and i have sorted the cheat file out i have to use the original and i can't update the cheat file it gives me an error message via wifi

9. Another World

Colombia
    are your themes in the UI folder as stated in the wiki? did you try selecting them both from firmware and editing the globalsettings.ini by hand?

can you get your dsi on wifi with a game/browser? if so is your router set to wep encryption, and is ssid set to public broadcast? all homebrew (including akaio's wifi plugin) requires ssid. the ak2i runs in ds mode, and ds mode requires wep security. other than that the issue is with your distance from the gbatemp servers. some poeple have timeout issues. i personally can update via wifi with no issues. i've had it timeout in the past but that seems to be fixed now, as it hasen't happend for a long time.

if you are not against boobies try my skin... it works for me. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4677

hmm, try deleting the optionslist.bin if one is present. it will be in the _aio folder. the file can go corrupt and cause strange issues.

if all this fails, do a full format on your msd using the panasonic formatter. then put back akaio 1.4.1 repack and try skins, before loading all the roms/homebrew/stuff back on.

-another world

10. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for the help all sorted i reinstalled the akaio and the themes work the only problem now is that i can't update the cheat file using the wifi update

11. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks i was using the wiki and i will try the wifi bit later i have to go to the shop [​IMG]

12. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have tried your theme but i just get black backgrounds and when i press start to change theme back it just crashes and the themes i tried earlier don't show the time and date. the skins i tryed are from here http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/title/ak2 i got link from the wiki

the wifi update won't let me use it so never mind

13. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ...give that a try and see if it fixes the problem. I know if it's not set up like this it'll close out the AK2 theme maker with an error code.

14. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks they now work

another world your theme works now as well

thanks everyone

15. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    So you have a box with an Acekard 2 one with a sticker DSi compatible? any problems with your DSi? cos I'll be getting one this friday or so so Im very careful with Acekard 2i and my DSi

16. dsjoes
    OP

United Kingdom
    i am not having problems now and i have got the latest frameware for the dsi installed the only problem i have is i have to update the card via my computer but everything else works fine even the new gta works without the cheat to get past the save screen [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. slone

Newcomer slone Member

Philippines
    Congrats, dsjones, I too got one (same one as yours, boxed with a orange "DSi compatible" sticker) with my dsi 4 days ago as a gift from my brother, and it is great with AKAIO as it operates a lot smoother than the official Acekard firmware.

Sorry for going off topic here, but can I ask if your card (or to others who own a dsi and a HWID 81 Acekard with the latest AKAIO loaded) automatically shuts down your dsi when you close your top screen to put your game to sleep mode (rather than pausing), 'cause mine does (except after I just finish saving in a save spot, then it doesn't shutdown, but when I leave the save spot and the DSi loads another area away from the said save spot, I close the top screen and the dsi automatically shuts down). I own a HWID 81 Acekard loaded with a 4gig Apacer class 6 micro memo card formatted with the Panasonic card formatter, and my dsi is still using the 1.2u firmware.

It's not much of problem as I shut my dsi down to save battery and it came with the dsi for free, though I am wondering maybe it is a common issue with the HWID 81 cards being sold nowadays. If it is a hardware/ manufacturing problem and you happen to have a faulty card, while others don't experience it then I suggest replacing it while it is still under warranty. But if your ok with the possible "closing the screen glitch" then there's no need to return it.

Again, congrats on having one and have fun.