Item received

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
CeePhour said:
My package arrived today, order placed on the 11th.
Decent enough packaging (sent via register airmail).
M3i Zero arrived DOA.

Awesome.

*edit*
card not recognized by any DS, also doesn't recognize microSD card when trying to do the firmware update using the USB cable. A complete dud.

the M3i zero must be flashed before using it for the first time, I dont know the details but iirc there's a firmware flasher accessory that comes with the cart?
something like that...

QUOTEI recently purchased an AK2i from shoptemp and it just came today.
I'm in France and it took 13days till I receive it (ordered on 6th, received on 19th: faster than DX).
You have to know that it doesn't came pre-flashed for 1.4 DSi firmware.

I'm pretty happy except for one thing: since the price was so low, i added a Kingston 8Go to my order and guess what ? It's a fake one from Taïwan (reals are from Japan).

So what I have to say is you can safely order from ShopTemp, prices are very competitive and shipping pretty fast for a free one but forget about micro SD cards on that site !

who said the taiwan ones are fakes? they are legit and work just fine, they even sell class 4 now.
smile.gif

as for the cards not being pre-flashed, the 1.4 update has some copyrighted code (danny phantom thingy) so I don't know...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not hard to flash a card -- I don't see this as a negative -- It's just something to keep in mind if you don't have access to a pre-1.4 DSi or DSL (if you are ordering an AK2i, that is)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CeePhour said:
My package arrived today, order placed on the 11th.
Decent enough packaging (sent via register airmail).
M3i Zero arrived DOA.

Awesome.

*edit*
card not recognized by any DS, also doesn't recognize microSD card when trying to do the firmware update using the USB cable. A complete dud.

My first M3i Zero from Gamezway.com arrived that way as well...had to buy a second one just so I could flash the damn things.
Makes me think that M3i Zero is simply an unreliable product more than anything.

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
The M3i Zero won't flash either.
Using the same microSD card that is in my AK2i (and works perfectly).
Dropped the files onto the microSD card, plugged it into the USB port on my PC, and the red LED stays solid.
My understanding is that this is what happens when the M3i Zero can not detect the SD card...?

It seems that the card I received is just a complete dud.

/shrug

Nice packaging though.

*edit*
My apologies, the microSD card was the problem, M3i was unable to read it, and therefore I couldn't flash it.
Although the card works 100% in a Cyclo, and 5 AK2i's, passes tests, and works perfect no matter how it is formatted, but does not work in an M3iZero. A-data, 4GB, C6.
(Editing original post and subsequent posts in case people read this in the future and get disheartened)

teusjuh

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey got an question about shipment to holland

how long will it take to delivered wih free shipping method ??

1 week?? 10 days ?? 14 days??

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
thanks CeePhour for the update, I was surprised you couldn't flash your M3 cause the flashing system is completely independent (just needs USB as power supply)
smile.gif

glad to hear your M3 is fine!

nycsam786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
yes, it's the USB virtual surround sound card that shoptemp sells for $2.5
biggrin.gif
What would you exactly use this for if you do not mind me asking? Also do you have any reviews on the build quality of the one that your received?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nycsam786 said:
Costello said:
yes, it's the USB virtual surround sound card that shoptemp sells for $2.5
biggrin.gif
What would you exactly use this for if you do not mind me asking? Also do you have any reviews on the build quality of the one that your received?
Plug stereo headphones or a headset into it, it'll sound like surround sound. Great if you're too cheap or don't have enough space for an actual surround sound system. Ideal for movies and video games.

Of course, I haven't gotten the one I ordered yet, so I can't vouch for how well it works.

CeePhour

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.HWHQ.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
thanks CeePhour for the update, I was surprised you couldn't flash your M3 cause the flashing system is completely independent (just needs USB as power supply)
smile.gif

glad to hear your M3 is fine!

It's "fine", I think. The SD card works in every other card I try, I opened a brand new card and was able to flash the M3iZero, but when it tries to load into Sakura I have about a 3-second space where I MUST press A for it to load, or the M3 locks up ("M3 Real" logo shows on the bottom screen, if you don't press A in about 3 seconds, the logo moves to the top screen, and it hangs).

I should note, I ordered a(nother) AK2i at the same time that I ordered the M3iZero from ShopTemp, and it is working 100% (and is legit, not a clone).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: