Hacking It Finally Happened

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My USB Drive isn't working anymore, I need some help...
I'm not sure what to do, I'm trying to add games on my previously working with WBFS harddrive but when I format it with the computer (using a variety of different computers) It isn't recognized by the Wii as WBFS format, when I format it with the Wii however, it won't show up on my computer and I can't transfer games on to it.

How do I fix this? I'm thinking that assigning a drive letter should help, but I've had no success in doing so so far, help would be appreciated

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but I already know that
The WBFS managers need drive letters and since my computer doesn't assign one to my WBFS drive I cant use the WBFS manager with it

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you first format the drive as a FAT32 PRIMARY partition prior to formatting it with your preferred USB Loader info WBFS.

I had similar issues when I first starting using USB Loaders. Having a logical formatted drive will cause weird issues.

EDIT: And be sure to use a good 3rd party hard drive utility, like EASUS Partition Master.

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy Shit it Works!
I LOVE YOU
biggrin.gif

It's Conduit Time haha
smile.gif

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never hadd that prob with a brand new WD Elements 250 portable, just plugged it into the wii formatted it, and started loading games, then when i plugged it into the pc, had to be usb-2 as usb-1 couldnt power and read with the one plug, the pc seen it straight away, when i clicked on it it asked to format it, i said NO, loaded WBFS choose the drive letter and bingo

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
Make sure you first format the drive as a FAT32 PRIMARY partition prior to formatting it with your preferred USB Loader info WBFS.

I had similar issues when I first starting using USB Loaders. Having a logical formatted drive will cause weird issues.

EDIT: And be sure to use a good 3rd party hard drive utility, like EASUS Partition Master.

Windows has a dumb limitation on FAT32 being only 32GB. You don't have to actually format the partition in Windows. Just create a primary partition and assign it a drive letter. Formatting just takes extra time you don't need since it's going to be reformatted with the WBFS Manager anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up