Hacking Issues installing WAD files

CGfreak102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i have been trying to figure out why i can not install any WAD files on my wii for the last 3 days. Endless hours spent on google trying everything i could find.

I followed this guide, https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ to mod my wii, and that worked no problems. I am able to play .wbfs files just fine from my external. But looking to play some games i have that are in a .WAD extension.

At first i was getting the following error message "ret = -1" i got that resolved pretty easy.
Then i was getting; "error! ret = -2011" I did some stuff (been threw too many links to remember exactly what i did)
Now i can actually get the WAD to start installing but then i get the message "Error! ret = -1022"

At this point i am stuck. I think it has something to do with the Trucha Bug, I then followed; https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/trucha-bug-restorer and when i try to do the downgrade IOS15 it tells me it can not set revision 0, and then errors out. The program tells me to try and updated version, which i put on my SD card and i got the save error message.

Anyone have some advice to get me to be able to install WAD files? I was able to figure it out on my friends Wii, but that was 2 years ago and never saved the links.

Thanks
-CGfreak102

EDIT:
I have a Wii version 4.3u

CGfreak102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that, starts to install content and then it errors with ret= -1022. Do i need to flash a custom IOS over IOS236(or install one into that slot), i know i installed IOS57-64-v5918.wad and IOS56-64-v5661.wad, installed into slot 249 and 250, respectively.

Thanks,
-CGfreak102

CGfreak102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help. all my other important WADS installed just fine. I will settle playing Majoras Mask with an emulator.

My nephew is so happy he can play Super mario Bros now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: