Issues installing WAD files

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CGfreak102, Jul 5, 2013.

1. CGfreak102
    OP

CGfreak102 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2013
    United States
    So, i have been trying to figure out why i can not install any WAD files on my wii for the last 3 days. Endless hours spent on google trying everything i could find.

I followed this guide, https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ to mod my wii, and that worked no problems. I am able to play .wbfs files just fine from my external. But looking to play some games i have that are in a .WAD extension.

At first i was getting the following error message "ret = -1" i got that resolved pretty easy.
    Then i was getting; "error! ret = -2011" I did some stuff (been threw too many links to remember exactly what i did)
    Now i can actually get the WAD to start installing but then i get the message "Error! ret = -1022"

At this point i am stuck. I think it has something to do with the Trucha Bug, I then followed; https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/trucha-bug-restorer and when i try to do the downgrade IOS15 it tells me it can not set revision 0, and then errors out. The program tells me to try and updated version, which i put on my SD card and i got the save error message.

Anyone have some advice to get me to be able to install WAD files? I was able to figure it out on my friends Wii, but that was 2 years ago and never saved the links.

Thanks
    -CGfreak102

EDIT:
    I have a Wii version 4.3u

2. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Select to use ios 236 in your wad manager to install your wads.

3. CGfreak102
    OP

CGfreak102 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2013
    United States
    Just tried that, starts to install content and then it errors with ret= -1022. Do i need to flash a custom IOS over IOS236(or install one into that slot), i know i installed IOS57-64-v5918.wad and IOS56-64-v5661.wad, installed into slot 249 and 250, respectively.

Thanks,
    -CGfreak102

4. CGfreak102
    OP

CGfreak102 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2013
    United States
    Thank you for the help. all my other important WADS installed just fine. I will settle playing Majoras Mask with an emulator.

My nephew is so happy he can play Super mario Bros now.

5. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    install the wad with ios 249 or 250

also make sure you have room on your NAND