NULL

Question Issues / Help With Retroarch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by KingHippo, May 14, 2019.

1. KingHippo
    OP

KingHippo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    1) Wanted to thank everyone for their help so far, switch is up an running NSPs and looking good
    2) Was hoping to get some help with retroarch. I'm running into a number of issues

First off, I'm running Retroarch 1.77 on SX OS 2.7.1 on a switch w/ FW 8.0.1

Custom Roms
    Trying to add some custom SNES/NES roms to my library and cant get them to show up. I can however see them and play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that custom/patched roms and foreign roms have issues but can be displayed unfortunately I could not find the instructions to add them.

Adding Games after Initial Scan

So this seems is weird. I scanned in my initial SNES/NES roms w/o much issue. I decided to add a few more games and added the roms to the same folder but when I try to add them individually they wont add... The are visible and playable... I will probably end up wiping and re-adding everything all at once but hoping to avoid this in the future (note these are not custom roms)

Thumbnails
    Having issues getting thumbnails to display for all games. I downloaded a boxart thumbnail pack and it wokrs for the majority of the games. Trying to clean up the stragglers without much luck. I've replaced games with the "&" with "_" but hasn't fixed resolved the issue
    On my mac I've used the thumbnail updater which works great but I tried the updater on the switch but is glitchy and the download stops mid way (seen a few posts on it and it seems common). I was going to move the thumbs from my desktop to my switch but the folder structure is diff (no thumbnail folder) and i cant seem to find the files.

N64
    Ive downloaded the muPen64 emulator and scanned my N64 directory w/ .7z files. It scans all of them but none are added. I also can not open the files or play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that in the previous version of retroarch you needed to run it off of a NSP to get N64 to work. Is that still the case? If so I cant find any NSPs for retroarch 1.77
    * a piggyback question, anyone get modded/custom N64 games running on the switch/retroarch? The ones I'm familiar with run on Project 64 and are more complex then the simple patched rom process for SNES and NES games...

Thanks in advance any help would be aprreciated

2. KingHippo
    OP

KingHippo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    Any help on this would be great, even if to say its just a 8.0.1 issue and I need to wait