issues downgrading 11.2 with OOT3DHAX

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by trollindungeon, Nov 5, 2016.

1. trollindungeon
    OP

trollindungeon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    Argentina
    Hey everyone, im trying to downgrade my N3DS 11.2, i followed Plailect guide, i just finished with the NFirmware dowgrade part, the next step is getting into hombrew launcher, my entry point is OOT3DSHAX but the game always freeze with the common message error and take me back to main menu, its not working on my modded 2ds either (which i recently updated to 11.2).
    Thanks in advance for your time and patient!

2. Eruandou

Eruandou Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2016
    Argentina
    Are you sure you're using the 11.2 payloads for ocarina and pressing "A" once the game starts to boot into homebrew launcher?

3. trollindungeon
    OP

trollindungeon Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2016
    Argentina
    thank you for your answer, that was the problem (payloads were fine), i just inject the exploit in 1 slot, to avoid pressing any button but A to open the game file, if anyone has this issue, dont even try to use the D-PAD, OOTHAX fails very easily in 11.1 and 11.2

4. thediamante

thediamante Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2016
    Same thing happening to me, whenever I enter the game with the exploited save file. I play the ocarina or press A right after. Game freezez then "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart."

This happens both on my New3ds xl and Old 3ds xl

Please help as I am in the middle of downgrading my Old 3ds XL as well :P

Thanks guys ya'll the best

Usl5264 likes this.
  5. udelgadochio

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    I'm in the same situation, rebbot message, I'm only pressing A, 11.2 New 3ds XL with Luma and a9lh, installed oot3dhax with sploit installer...

Have you solved your situation?

6. Mr Skinner

Mr Skinner Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2010
    Brazil
    Bananna Land.
    I also had this problem, but it was basically for two reasons:

• You must install OoTHAX payloads for the correct version of the current version installed on your 3ds. Note carefully that you are marked the correct version for "New" instead of the "OLD" version that is selected by default.

• You Need to Clear Home Menu's by the navigating to the following folder on your SD card: / Nintendo 3DS / (32 Character ID) / (32 Character ID) / extdata / 00000000 /
    EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
    TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

This should be done every time you perform an action that makes use of SD, especially in firmware downgrade operations or running the homebrew launcher.

udelgadochio likes this.
  7. udelgadochio

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    Erased home menu folder, installed correct payloads, still getting the reboot message :cry:

8. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Just gotta make sure everything matches your 3ds specs in the save. Different models and firmwares need different payloads, all we can tell you is make absolute certain that its the correct payload, and that boot.3dsx is at the root of the SD, and isn't corrupted

Those are the only reasons it would crash

9. udelgadochio

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    Thanks, I've even put the payload manually and downloaded it from the homebrew website, boot.3dsx is in the root and I'm pretty sure it isn't corrupted because I launch HBomebrew from the .cia, so I don't know what could it be, I even redownloaded the starter.zip 3 times!

10. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    oot3dhax won't launch on a9lh consoles. You only use the a9lh console to install the hax to launch on a stock console.

udelgadochio likes this.
  11. udelgadochio

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    Oh My God! I past overnight just trying to figure what could I be possibly doing wrong, thanks for the advice, now I can keep moving on :bow:

12. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    You can just use steelhax still, because system reports 11.2 even after nfirm downgrade. That's how i did anyway when using system transfer from a cfw 3ds.

Last edited by rasputin, Dec 19, 2016
  13. udelgadochio

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    I don't want to do system transfer I want to do hardmod