Hacking Issue with updating 3DS system firmware!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,471
  • Replies 26

Am i a literal idiot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did get the app from eshop or from unofficial sources as in a .CIA file?
If that's the case then this app might have some kind of firmware spoof it tricking the system to install the latest update which you clearly currently have
The eShop prompts an update when launched normally, so the app isn't the issue.

D

Deleted User

OP
  1. Set your DNS settings to Auto if you haven't done so already.
  2. If that doesn't fix the problem, perform a CTRTransfer.
I'll try that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The eShop prompts an update when launched normally, so the app isn't the issue.
The issue is with updating the system. That's why i mentioned the spoofing app. I set my DNS to auto obtain but it still wouldn't update. Is there maybe a different way to update without using System Settings?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that now.

The issue is with updating the system. That's why i mentioned the spoofing app. I set my DNS to auto obtain but it still wouldn't update. Is there maybe a different way to update without using System Settings?
There is, but it likely won't solve the underlying issue. I recommend performing a CTRTransfer and trying again.

Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

OP
There is, but it likely won't solve the underlying issue. I recommend performing a CTRTransfer and trying again.
Ok. Time to attempt the CTRTransfer. Also, reading the instructions, it appears to be less complicated that it sounds. I'll reply if it worked or not.

Reactions: Lacius and NoNAND
D

Deleted User

OP
I'll try that now.

According to Deluge, the ETA for the image is 1H. I'm just.... done. I'm okay with running eshop spoofer, and i can't think of any apps that would require a system update. I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ortainu, what do you mean you spoofed Nintendo eShop? Does that have anything to do with the Inject and Restore App gm9 script I suggested to you a while ago?
If you injected freeShop into eShop, just know freeShop no longer works and it auto deletes itself when launched.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ortainu, what do you mean you spoofed Nintendo eShop? Does that have anything to do with the Inject and Restore App gm9 script I suggested to you a while ago?
If you injected freeShop into eShop, just know freeShop no longer works and it auto deletes itself when launched.
Yeah, I felt like there was more to the story than what I was getting.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?