Issue with updates for eshop games converted to cia

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by morvoran, Jan 14, 2015.

  1. morvoran
    OP

    morvoran GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    153
    62
    Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed before as I can't find any discussions on it, but I find it hard to believe nobody asked about this yet.

    I have 2 eshop games converted from 3ds to cia (Marvel Pinball & Shantae and the Pirate's Curse) that say they have updates available.

    After the updates download to 99%, the 3DS pops up error message: 005-8025 (which according to nintendo means that the 3DS is unable to connect to an access point).

    If I go into the eshop and download the updates, I get the error message: 007-6106 (which means an error occurred while attempting to connect to the eShop).

    This happens to both games. I found another cia copy of Shantae created by somebody else, and it has the same issue.

    Is this a "normal" issue with cia's due to the creation process that blocks the updates from installing or are these cia's missing something?
     
  2. cearp

    cearp the ticket master

    Member
    7,514
    4,746
    May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    check if there really exists an update for the game, like search online etc.
    the process to convert 3ds to cia is quite dirty, people do not really do it in a nice way, so yes, i have heard of some games requesting for updates that do not exist.
     
  3. morvoran
    OP

    morvoran GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    153
    62
    Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, I fell for another person saying there was an update for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on another site. I'm new to the whole "creating cia" methods, so it was easy for me to believe them. I actually just came back to this thread to edit it and state what I learned new today.

    After looking deeper into the situation myself, I noticed that if you search for "update" on the eshop, it lists all the available updates (before today, I just assumed that if the game said there wasn't an update, then there isn't an update and vice versa). Of course, there are no updates for either game I mentioned in my OP.

    I noticed that the version # for the 2 cia's I created are listed as 0.0.0, when (I assume) they should be listed as something like 1.0.0, etc. The 3ds sees that the version I have has a lower # and falsely reports the update. This is my best guess as to why I'm having this issue.
     
  4. cearp

    cearp the ticket master

    Member
    7,514
    4,746
    May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    hmm sometimes are legitimately 0.0.0 (at least i think), but yes maybe in this case that was not the actual version number, for some things it might causes problems.
    maybe, maybe if i have time i will make a nice app to make cias from 3ds files uing a new method (not my method though) :)