Hardware Issue with switch screen

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to help out my nephew, his switch got thrown and when it turns on theres just green and other colors. Making the screen unusuable, and it kind of flickers/moves side to side as you see in the one picture the home isnt really in the middle.

What are we thinking hear? Messed up LCD? No glass is cracked and the console seems perfectly fine until its turned on.

images of the console on

Last edited by Cha0tic,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which would still require changing the LCD if its not loose correct?

If reseating the ribbon cable doesn't solve it you might have to swap the motherboard onto another unit. The ribbon on the other end is directly connected to the LCD, while the other end is connected to the zif connector on the motherboard, I have one currently in similar situation where it is not showing the image correctly with lines on the screen, similar case to you.

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If reseating the ribbon cable doesn't solve it you might have to swap the motherboard onto another unit. The ribbon on the other end is directly connected to the LCD, while the other end is connected to the zif connector on the motherboard, I have one currently in similar situation where it is not showing the image correctly with lines on the screen, similar case to you.

Gotcha, think going at this myself might be a bit more then I can do. But may be worth something, checked serial and its a unpatchable unit.

Ttm3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to help out my nephew, his switch got thrown and when it turns on theres just green and other colors. Making the screen unusuable, and it kind of flickers/moves side to side as you see in the one picture the home isnt really in the middle.

What are we thinking hear? Messed up LCD? No glass is cracked and the console seems perfectly fine until its turned on.

images of the console on

Does it work on the dock?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, think going at this myself might be a bit more then I can do. But may be worth something, checked serial and its a unpatchable unit.

The ribbon cable I circle is the one you should take a look at.
rn03s1jx1p74i2x.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_