Hacking Issue with HDD

distinctzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently bought an HDD since apparently USBs are hit or miss. I guess they never hit.

So, I initially moved games I had previously downloaded into my system and one USB, and tried to move a few more but kept getting the error that some data could not be transferred all of a sudden. I’ve had a similar problem via USB that was typically resolved by reformatting it. I don’t know why this is happening, anyone have ideas?

Also, when trying to use the WUP GX installer, I cannot install directly to the HDD as it does not recognize it (I’ve tried multiple times to the error that a USB device isn’t plugged in, same error I got with my actual USBs prior). I can install to my system (pathetically around 4gb or less of usable space) without issue, and some times even transferring it over from there works. Anyway I’m just having huge consistency issues and some things refuse to be transferred (ex. MK8). Is it simply trial and error until one time it magically completes without a hitch or have I done something wrong? I use mocha f32 cfw when installing certain titles if that means anything.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a y cable or wall plug in hdd to work with Wii U. They're not hit or miss those are just requirements for any hdd in a Wii U. When it works without one it's a fluke but you will continue to have issues.

Reactions: IncredulousP

distinctzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a y cable or wall plug in hdd to work with Wii U. They're not hit or miss those are just requirements for any hdd in a Wii U. When it works without one it's a fluke but you will continue to have issues.
I have a Y-Cable and have been using it. My HDD is not being recognized by the WUP installer regardless of the cable I use. Any ideas?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could still be the y cable not working well. You might have to invest in another y cable to try it. It's either that or the hdd.

distinctzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could still be the y cable not working well. You might have to invest in another y cable to try it. It's either that or the hdd.

I agree with Justin, get a wall plug-powered usb adapter. It should be more stable than y cables.

Thank you both for your thoughts and recommendations. The issue seems to be resolved.

In case anyone else encounters a problem with WUP GX2 Installer not recognizing their device(s), and you were using Mocha Fat-32 like I was, try a different CFW. This issue completely cleared up when I switched to using Haxchi, so, at the very least, this was not a hardware issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto