issue with dios mios usb loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by unknownmaster, Jun 12, 2015.

1. unknownmaster
    OP

unknownmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2015
    United States
    I'm trying to play paper mario 2 using dios mios 2.10 but I keep having a video problem: there are two black bars on the screen. The game itself stretches full screen but some visual effects and et cetera are limited inside the "square". Here is how it looks:
    [​IMG]

I have cIOS d2x 52 installed, and Smash Bros. Melee runs perfectly fine.
    please help

EDIT: I've installed the nintendont app on my SD card, but when I run it through the HBC I get "failed to load kernel from nand". The common solution to this problem was to install IOS58, but do I still have to install ios58 if my HBC runs on ios61?

EDIT2: Okay I actually went ahead and installed ios58 and I must say Nintendont fixes the issue! Thank you!

Last edited by unknownmaster, Jun 12, 2015
  2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    The widescreen hack for DM is about as good as it can get with the limitations of the GameCube "mode", at least without directly modifying the game yourself. Have you checked out Nintendont? It has much better widescreen support, though I'm not sure how much better it is for PMTYD.

unknownmaster likes this.
  3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I still have no clue why people use DIOS MIOS when Nintendont is vastly superior

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Generally people just run into old guides. Though I'm sure DM has one or two advantages, though I can't think of anything significant.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    nintendont has the same issue than DM with this game, which is not designed to be displayed in 16:9
    the hack is forcing the game to display more picture on the screen which are used to "pre-load graphic elements before they come in the displayed area", so you will see clippings and disappearing/appearing objects or background, etc.

You said using nintendont fixed your issue, but maybe you just didn't enable Widescreen hack so you don't see the pre-load effect.
    Well, if you found how to play it and are happy with your setting, that's what's important :)

unknownmaster likes this.