Hacking Issue switching memory cards because "i must update"

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have en EU PSN and an ASIA PSN memory card.
I try to switch them because i want to retreive my asia save to decrypt with henkaku.

So i must choose "restore this system:
But i get the notification "you must update this system"
WTF is this bs? So i can't get my savegame from my other memory card now?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also now i can't even connect to my PC to restore backups because i must update.... I must choose between henkaku or restoring my savegame? WTF IS THIS SHIT SONY?

Any way around this? my backup is stored in psimg format.. so i can't just copy it over....

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a full system restore outside on the OS (Hold down the Power button, Right trigger, and PS button, Just the power button for Vita TV users), but then you will have to activate your system before you even play any of your games. And, none of the update blockers are working anymore.

Also, I doubt using QCMA will work. IIRC, it has to do with the game files being assigned to each users PSN account.

Reactions: cvskid

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't matter still forces me to update........

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can do a full system restore outside on the OS (Hold down the Power button, Right trigger, and PS button, Just the power button for Vita TV users), but then you will have to activate your system before you even play any of your games. And, none of the update blockers are working anymore.

Also, I doubt using QCMA will work. IIRC, it has to do with the game files being assigned to each users PSN account.

So there is no way to aquire my savegame on my other (asiapsn)memory card without updating? PFFFFF (have also a backup of it on the pc, but cant restore that either..)

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best option I can think of right now is just wait it out (If you can). We're about two weeks into the Henkaku exploit and we do not really know what all it can do.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

I'm sure qCMA (or was it Open CMA?) doesn't connect to the internet?

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter still forces me to update........

Your vita caught wind of the update. Shut off wifi (turn on airplane mode). Click on the bubble in the top right, click the "..." next to the update and select cancel if you haven't already. Then power off and back on. It should forget about the update and qcma should work again. I would guess you can now switch memory cards too.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok after a little fiddling i got around to accepting QCMA to go beyond the updatenag by putting vita in plane mode + using zadig for the usb drivers. (it wouldnt connect via usb)
Your vita caught wind of the update. Shut off wifi (turn on airplane mode). Click on the bubble in the top right, click the "..." next to the update and select cancel if you haven't already. Then power off and back on. It should forget about the update and qcma should work again. I would guess you can now switch memory cards too.

Yes I did press the "..." and cancel. but it didnt forget about it and it still keeps nagging about it. However:
Ok after a little fiddling i got around to accepting QCMA to go beyond the update screen.
However my savegame that is from a different PSN of a other memory card is useless to this memory card it seems...
And since i can't restore this system because it NAGS about a stupid system software. i cant get the savegame "sigh"

Just wish id be able to swithc memory cards.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you restart the Vita afterwords with airplane mode on? I've never switched memory cards before, does it need to connect to PSN to do so? If not once you get the Vita to forget about the update by restarting it you should be good to go.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I ran into a very similar problem when trying to switch from my Japanese account to my US account the other day. This because even though you log in to your PSN when you do the restore the system will force you to sign in again and ask for the update in order to sign in.

I'm going to assume that $ony got smart and made it so you have to resign in to force the update. Even if you get past this (using vita update blocker. Which now doesn't work either) you then have to have a way to activate or your digital games won't play, and of course clicking on activate prompts another update nag. Only way around the activate nah it's to activate by transferring from ps3

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to switch memory cards without updating. but now i cant play ANY of my games. I must update etc..
FUKING SCUMBAG SOFTWARE. Now i must lose henkaku -.-..........?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to switch memory cards without updating. but now i cant play ANY of my games. I must update etc..
FUKING SCUMBAG SOFTWARE. Now i must lose henkaku -.-..........?

Uhhh... How about formating the memory card from the system settings?... Then transfer them back with qcma.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uhhh... How about formating the memory card from the system settings?... Then transfer them back with qcma.
Does that remove the persistance of updating when activating the system/games?
You mean backup memory card/games, and then restore games/saves...?

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Does that remove the persistance of updating when activating the system/games?
You mean backup memory card/games, and then restore games/saves...?
Not sure about this though it should work in theory since they have your license info.

I got mine to work (activated) again by transferring the old ape escape PSP demo from my ps3 via CMA and Vita update blocker.

Thinking about it a bit more it's looking like we have to decide if we want multiple accounts or HENKaku...

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up regarding QCMA, instead of relying on luck with rebooting in Flight mode, just get vita update blocker, open it on PC, fill in the proxy settings on the Vita, then open PS Store, so the vita update blocker on PC throws a few messages, then boom. Now QCMA / OpenCMA will work perfectly.

Might as well stay connected to the proxy all the time, as long as it's running on the PC, you still have internet access, just not to $ony's shit.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure about this though it should work in theory since they have your license info.

I got mine to work (activated) again by transferring the old ape escape PSP demo from my ps3 via CMA and Vita update blocker.

Thinking about it a bit more it's looking like we have to decide if we want multiple accounts or HENKaku...

That probably will be useless, even if u were able to have 2 accounts on one memory card. you wouldnt be able to transfer over or well, get the vita to recognise the savegame from the other memory card. Even if it's used on the same PSN. it will still show as corrupt. as i tried this very app and that result.. http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46410&start=40
So it may work for future savegames.. but for savegames already made...?? not so sure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a heads up regarding QCMA, instead of relying on luck with rebooting in Flight mode, just get vita update blocker, open it on PC, fill in the proxy settings on the Vita, then open PS Store, so the vita update blocker on PC throws a few messages, then boom. Now QCMA / OpenCMA will work perfectly.

Might as well stay connected to the proxy all the time, as long as it's running on the PC, you still have internet access, just not to $ony's shit.
Tried update blocker but it seems it's not working anymore......ALot of people say it's not working anymore????

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I am so furious right now. I formatted my memory card. and it STILL asks me to activate the system... PISS OF SONY PISS OFF.
I bought every game legit. and now i can't play them and have henkaku?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be happy with those few friends larger groups are dangerous
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Bitch. I'll out eat most people any day. lol. I eat entire pizzas, chips, baked goodies, giant ass steaks, whatever. I eat all the time and never gain weight.
    Difference between now and being a kid & teen ios how I handle those people. lol. I used to let people walk all over me.
    Now its like. Eat a sandwich? Excuse me? Did I approach you and tell you how fucking ugly you are? No? Okay then. Buh buy now. lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I used to care what people thought of me, now, I could give two shits. You get what you get like it or leave it!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can call me ugly we know already
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Please talk to family about it, no reason to be ashamed, we all have issues in life. I bet your brother has had the same feelings as you at some point, he would relate. Not doing anything or asking for help only makes things worse.
    Not only have I always been tall and skinny, Ive also had vitiligo since I was an early teen. It really sucks in the summer time as it sticks out liker a sore thumb. Large white patches all over my body including my face. Most of my original pigment color is gone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe look into local mental health centers also it's been more normalized as a second primary doctor these days
    Again, even at 50+ i hear shit. Like "What happened to your face?"
    So i've known about confidence issues my entire life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If anything I think it's cool to be weird, or as I see it Original, fuck that trying to be like everyone else or look like the fad/style of everyone else. It may seem like you want to fit in with the crowd, but when you get older, you will see, it's ok to be out of the crowd.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I don't like being autistic
    Always remember that how others treat you is a reflection of who THEY are as a person, not of how you are.
    +1
    My grand daughter is autistic. And incredibly brilliant at 7 yrs old.
    They said she can skip a grade, possibly 2, because shes "gifted". She scored higher in some tests recently than the lady has seen any other kid test in her 20 years here.
    But it was decided by her mom to keep her in her own age class. And I agree.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah autism has different levels for different people
    I believe that even in the most severe cases of autism, the person is still incredibly intelligent.
    Even if they arent capable of demonstrating it to others
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Different symptoms affect people different
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @RedColoredStars What strain you smoking today? My buddy brought me some old school "Dumpster" today, skunky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol peanut butter breath bud
    @BigOnYa The same headcracker. I'll smoke that til it's gone before i get more. Sometimes when I shop I get all one strain, sometimes I get a few different ones.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live in Ohio and they just legalized it rec, but I can't buy it online til june, but stores around are starting to sell it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I live in Ohio and they just legalized it rec, but I can't buy it online til june, but stores...