Issue loading old packages in Rogero

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Elliander, Apr 5, 2013.

Apr 5, 2013
  1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am having an issue with packages made for 3.55 CFW. For example, the Sega Saturn Emulator. When trying to run it the whole thing fails to load and spits out an error code. Does Rogero have backwards compatibility issues? Is there some kind of homebrew program written to address that problem, either by allowing it to load packages made for 3.55, or by converting them to a form usable by 4.xx CFW? Or do I just have to find one written for the latest CFW? (does an updated Sega Saturn emulator even exist?)

Also, I am having an issue where I am able to download a game from PSN and play the Demo, but when I go to purchase the full version from within the game nothing shows up. I just see a blank list. That's a minor issue since I could go into PSN and buy it directly there, but I have the same issue with DLC not showing up.

2. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Personal experience. None of the CFW 3.55 packages that were on my PS3 worked after updating to Rogero. I'm sure that there are ways to "re-sign" them to work with different CFW, but that is outside my scope of knowledge (and free time.) I'd recommend NOT deleting the non-working emulators and searching for the same ones working with your current CFW set up. Once you find them and install them, the PS3 will prompt you that they are already installed and ask you if you want to over write them; click yes. When I uninstalled my retro emus (VBA, FCE, etc.) the folder hierarchy and everything inside them went away as well. When I reinstalled FBA RL, I managed to keep my .zip files and hdd0 folder heirarchy.

tl:dr don't delete your non working Sega Saturn emulator and search for the same one but signed for Rogero 4.xx. Install via USB and rewrite your old 3.55 one.

3. Elliander
    OP

United States
    hmm. Why is that? Is it a problem with Rogero itself, or a problem with all 4.30 CFW? Is it something that will be addressed in a future update of Rogero?

Outside mine as well. I wonder if anyone can chime in so I can learn how? I thought maybe it would take ReactPSN, but it turns out that doesn't work on Rogero either.

I'd recommend NOT deleting the non-working emulators and searching for the same ones working with your current CFW set up. Once you find them and install them, the PS3 will prompt you that they are already installed and ask you if you want to over write them; click yes.[/quote]

Ya, there were a few packages that I fixed by doing that, but even 4.25 packages wouldn't work. In the case of Sega Saturn though the most recent package I could find is this one from May, 2011 and even that file is identical to the one made in 2010. Which is a shame in and of itself even if it would have worked, because apparently it only supported one game (in total) running from the drive, instead of a loader list. If there isn't anything new since it means it was an abandoned project.

4. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure it's because the .pkgs need to be signed with the keys for the firmware that you are on. I had a really neat retro covers collection that someone had .zip'd and converted to .pkg for 3.55. I deleted them one day and went to reinstall them after upgrading to Rogero and the .pkg was a no-go. I sniffed around the internet looking for a 4.30 signed .pkg and came up with nothing. I eventually got the covers in .zip from this forum and transferred them via FTP. Be really careful when it comes to deleting anything on your PS3, you may not be able to find a replacement.

Bump, because I too am curious about "re-signing" .pkgs for Rogero.

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    There are two program to resign old PKGs made for 3.55 to Rogero4.21/4.30
    Well, two in my current knowledge, maybe there are more.

TrueAncestor EBOOT Resigner from JjKkYu (old name was "4.21 eboot.bin resigner"). It's a command line gui for SCETools.
    Maybe you could be interested in TrueAncestor PKG Creator too.

CFW Eboot & PKG Resigner from RazorX (using other dev's work)
    (but, be careful, some antivirus are complaining, and look in that thread about modified/corrupted registry after using it?)

I didn't test these tools. Use at your own risk, and be sure to read forums and understand what you are doing.

For repacked homebrew for 4.x, here is a link I found: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-ja...gner-scetool-script-is-released-for-4-21-cfw/

431unknown, Elliander and mechadylan like this.
  6. Elliander
    OP

United States
    Thanks for those resources!

If I understand correctly, with a resigner, I need to take the eboot file from the already installed package and resign and then put it back in that folder? If so, how do I determine which folder the PSN game is located in? Instructions don't appear in the download, and doesn't really say anything in the forum topic.

Also, with a package creator, can I create a single package file for all my installed programs in case I ever have a critical failure and will need to reinstall on a new system? Even for purchased games I noticed that PSN doesn't host them forever for redownloading.

7. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    I made a thread about all that a while back. Images are gone i think gbatemp does not host these no more. But theres all you need to repack/resign there. I am just mad that the new keys for decrypting 4.xx eboot never made it into scetool. Some p that are making game fixes must have them so we all should...

Also all PSN game are in the game folder they mostly start by NP

Elliander likes this.
  8. Elliander
    OP

United States