Hacking iso?

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This question is asked about 9,000,000 times a day, and the answer is still no.

It will never be possible from the front SD slot. Why? Well, for one, the Wii only supports cards up to 2gb. Some people say that it can support 4, but even so, a Wii iso is a little over 4gb. And not only will it not fit, but if I'm not mistaken, the front SD slot wouldn't be able to load data fast enough anyway.

Plus millions of other reasons why not.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
No there isn't a way....yet.

And I mean no disrespect, but honestly, there will never be a way to launch an ISO from the front SD slot. Not only due to size restrictions, but the SD cards just aren't fast enough. I guess way in the future it may be possible to launch one off of a big enough USB drive, but homebrew doesn't have SD support of any type yet.

Backups may be able to be run with a softmod in the near future, yes, but not from the SD slot.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
If you could compress an ISO to 2GB (Wii Sports Island has been on 600MB once), then it could, maybe be played. Bu I don't know if anyone's found a way since co one's really tried.

The Wii can't read from USB Storage Devices, which I still find strange. Apart from a USB Keyboard and the WiiSpeak, it has no uses.

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomiccow said:
Raiyu245 said:
No there isn't a way....yet.
And I mean no disrespect, but honestly, there will never be a way to launch an ISO from the front SD slot. Not only due to size restrictions, but the SD cards just aren't fast enough.

Backups may be able to be run with a softmod in the near future, yes, but not from the SD slot.

Wrong. The Wii's DVD drive reads at 6x, which is roughly 8 MBytes/sec. That's megabytes, not mibibits. SD cards typically have 10-20 MBytes/sec transfer rates. I seriously wish this board wasn't so full of so many "l33t h4xx0rs" that don't research anything before they start blabbering off about what is and is not possible.

casket of doom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
If you could compress an ISO to 2GB (Wii Sports Island has been on 600MB once), then it could, maybe be played. Bu I don't know if anyone's found a way since co one's really tried.

The Wii can't read from USB Storage Devices, which I still find strange. Apart from a USB Keyboard and the WiiSpeak, it has no uses.

ok screw the sd then... i like Livin in a box's attitude tho

i just got geexbox and it can load from the back usb. i dont have a flash drive but it reads my sd thing for my computer. so i was just curious if it would read a flash drive?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
casket of doom said:
Livin in a box said:

ok screw the sd then... i like Livin in a box's attitude tho

i just got geexbox and it can load from the back usb. i dont have a flash drive but it reads my sd thing for my computer. so i was just curious if it would read a flash drive?
Well if it says it can, then it must be able to. The coder wouldn't have put it if it won't do it. But I don't have it, so I can't really say for definite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill