Hacking ISO question

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I know this is a painfully "n00b" thing to ask, but I got my first ISO for Fire Emblem... it has a lot of files, obviously, but I used the .rar and somehow it came out to be 4.38 GB when the source claimed 4.37, which would fit on my DVD while this slightly larger file does not... Any ideas why this may be, does anyone else have an ISO of this that can offer up advice? Thanks!

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have 4.37 DVD-Rs, which could be the issue, but I thought I read in a tutorial or two the "standard size" is 4.37, probably mistaken.

Edit: sorry dunno where I was adding the "3" from my DVDR is 4.7... I am trying to use Toast to burn (am on a Mac), and the message I get is something along the lines of 4.39 needed, 4.38 available

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it wouldnt even let me get there, but more research shows Toast can be a pain and Disc Utility is burning, so keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks

TrickyTony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not patch it, it was my understanding that the backup launcher v 0.3 will be able to load a 1:1 unpatched disc, but while we are on that topic, and I am airing out my ignorance, what program would I need to patch, for lets say getting firmware updates off the disc for future releases or different region discs? Thanks again for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.