ISO not loading but preview video fine??

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Paul Brown, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Hey, I am in need of much advice and assistance please. step by step simple instructions.

I have a PSP 2003 Slim, With Update 6.61 installed. I have then Installed Custom Firmware on it. So under game menu i have Pro PSP Firmware and Pro PSP Fast Recovery, which as I understand to play anything i have to select Pro PSP Firmware to play any ISO/CSO Files.

This is where my problems seem to start. I load PSP Firmware....Which Displays Pro-C by team Pro, Press X to launch CFW, Press Triangle to uninstall CFW Hold L to reinstall CFW Press R to Exit. I select X to launch CFWPSP Slim 2000 Detected...completed, press x to start CFW....Now Reboot which it does its self. I then go to Game/Memory Stick/Press X First box is Corrupted Data... I can see below is NHL 07...which if i hover over plays the game video etc, but If i select to load it....I just then stay on a Black screen...nothing loads i then have to crash out of the PSP.

Can someone help please? Am I missing something/Files/Not doing something write?

Very frustrated right now! Just wanna play NHL!

Paul

2. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    OK so first thing to do in reality, is download a few other games, minis or anything small to be quick, and see if you get the same problem with every ISO you try.

3. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    I've downloaded crash team racing. And transformers all the same!

4. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    When you are on the normal XMB after starting CFW (but before trying to load a game) does pressing select bring up a CFW menu?

5. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Yes it does.

6. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    What are you using memory card wise, an Pro Duo card or a Micro SD card in an adapter?

7. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Micro sd inside an adaptor but initially had a pro duo 4gb and didn't work on that either

8. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    OK. I'm assuming that your using a temporary firmware hack rather than a permanent one?

9. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Yes, as I wasn't sure it could install a permanent one on this model psp. In that menu U mentioned I have tried the different option under ISO such as inferno and the others still nothing. My emulators all work and load after I have started the cfw

10. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    So when you load a game, you get a black screen and then i presume about 5 seconds later the system powers off and when you turn it back on you need to relaunch the CFW?

11. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Yeah pretty much...it doesn't do anything just hangs, and it power down and restart it myself and yes restart CFW

12. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Im not sure which exact version of CFW you are using, but try this one, this is the latest (December 2014)

http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/929

You should format your card in the PSP beforehand, just to make sure its "fresh" again, incase anything you currently have is causing you issues

13. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    I'm using the one for 6.61

14. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Or could that be it should I downgrade to 6.60? If so any idea how I would do that

15. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    PRO C2 6.61 yes?

EDIT

You don't need to go down from 6.61, it should work fine the way it is.

16. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    I believe it is yes

17. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    I'm gonna ask just incase, but your games are going into the ISO folder in the root of the card yes? (I assume they must be or else I'm not sure they would show on the list otherwise)

18. Paul Brown
    OP

Paul Brown Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2014
    Llantwit Major
    Yes they are, that was a nightmare I was trying do to it on a Mac. Just doesn't make any sense. Feel like throwing the PSP to be honest as I can't figure out why they are playing. And I get corrupted data.

19. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    let me dig my psp out and ill have a look

I assume, in the CFW menu ( by pressing select) that you have Force High Memory Layout disabled? If not, they try that (Recovery Menu - Advanced)

20. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    When you turn your PSP on from a power down, you should have two PRO C icons. One is Pro Update, and one is Pro Fast Recovery. Im assuming that you ran Pro Update the first time to install it, but from then on, your clicking the Fast Recovery program instead to boot your PSP to CFW?