Homebrew ISO files

HoboMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm new to Wii hacking and right now I'm unsure of some things. My Wii system was 3,4E when I tried the Twilight hack. Everything went well including the installation of the Homebrew channel. But then I tried to install the Wad manager. It said I had to downgrade my wii. I installed some unknown wads (everything I can recall was ISO in their names). Then I accidentaly lost all my wads. So I don't know what is installed in my wii. WiiWare and VC games can be found easily but I don't remember what ISO wads I was installing. I plan installing the Backup launcher gamma.
So my question is, it is okay to install the backup launcher (and some including ISO wads again) without uninstalling the old ones?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
what firmware are you no now?
did you read the tutorial post 23rd October in the hacking section stickied thread?
tells how to downgrade, then install gamma
smile.gif

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you say "ISO", are you sure you don't mean "IOS"? They are two different things. "IOS" are the system files needed by the Wii to execute certain functions. ISO is a CD/DVD image. Can you remember what WADs you were installing? At least, what was their function? Games? Apps?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, AnyTitleDeleter is a very useful app.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/AnyTitle_Deleter

But be careful!! It will list all the IOS's you have on your Wii.

Also: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History might help.

I am still confused as to what IOS249 is? But anyway, if you want to see what IOS's you have AnyTitleDeleter is good. But don't delete IOS's you need

NOTE: If it isn't listed at wiibrew, chances are its a cIOS.

Hope this helped!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I got rid of IOS254 and IOS249 which fixed my problems.

Didn't you only want to know what IOS's you had anyway? I'd just be careful, thats all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭