Hacking iSmartLinux beta1.1 release

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know Buleste, but to be very honest, what is the benefit for the ismm if all the work done will go to a dstwo port ?

I'm trying to get in touch with Booboo now, the author of Dingux, as this plugin is 100% based on it.

Hope to give some news soon.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I know Buleste, but to be very honest, what is the benefit for the ismm if all the work done will go to a dstwo port ?
All the iSMM will be for then is same compatibility as SCDS2 with a Real Time Menu but with better battery life.
And no 3DS support. :(
Good point. Forgot about that one.

How come they are releasing the sources without an SDK as that means no-one can improve the plugin for the iSMM only convert it to SCDS2?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We can only improve the linux part. Could be enough to fix the FAT corruption bug but not enough to improve the emulator.
The scaling isn't very good (320x240 => 256x192). Maybe a dedicated version of dingux should be done with the DS resolution (256x192).
We can do nothing without the SDK i think.

Surkow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The iSmartDS and the SuperCard DSTwo flashcarts both support Linux. Both use an internal MIPS processor to run homebrew and Linux (are kernel sources available?). But very little is known about which chipsets they use. From IRC conversations I learned an existing Linux port is used with Dingux userland binaries. Which is far from running "Dingux". It's also quite disappointing you guys are not aware of OpenDingux. You guys are working with software dating back from 2009. New game and emulator ports, speedups and other fixes are not incorporated in the old legacy Dingux environment. For example, the FAT corruption bug was squashed with D-menu as the main culprit. Which is why gmenu2x is preferred as environment. OpenDingux offers a new packaging approach that allows the same .OPK packages to work on many different systems. These are SquashFS images with multiple binaries inside. For now the supported systems are the Dingoo A320 and the GCW Zero. It would be nice to officially support the DS and 3DS with the help of the iSmartDS and the SuperCard DSTwo flashcarts. I hope people can help us out with determining the chipset (which kernel drivers are loaded and so on). You can find most of the OpenDingux development team on #dingoonity at irc.freenode.net and we'll enjoy having help from people who own this hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool