iSmart MM resurrection

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by romanaOne, Jan 11, 2016.

1. romanaOne
    OP

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    I got one of these for like 5 bucks when realhotstuff was having their going under sale as their doors were kicked in by the feds or the Nintendo Junta. It appeared--when it worked-- to be a crappy version of the Suppercard DSTWO.

Did it ever get an update that would work on the last DSi 1.4.5 firmware? It seems I sold my old DSi XL that was on 1.4.3 fw and most I see for sale now do not specify what firmware.

Anyhow, it doesn't work in my DS Lite. At first the DSLite said no slot-1 card was inserted, then I cleaned its contacts and got: "NO FIND SD CARD." After I cleaned the microSD contacts with isopropyl alcohol, it said "NO FIND SYSTEM FILE."

Not sure exactly what goes on the SD card. Tried the ismartMM 2012_03_23 V2.1, then overwrote 2 files in /_ismart with the contents of the final(?) 2012_05_21 update. Some guy on youtube says there should be a file called istupdate.dat in the root of the card, but it was not in these archives. Found it on filetrip, but still this card does not work. I know, I know...I can just use a dstwo or r4: this is just for fun.

Last edited by romanaOne, Jan 11, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice