Is Yuzu effectively dead?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
When the Yuzu lawsuit was a hot topic, people kept saying "don't worry, Yuzu will just be forked and it will live on".

That has happened multiple times. But in all of these instances, the developers were doing it just for riding the wave of Nintendo hate and telling them "ha ha, your petty lawsuit didn't work and we forked it" and none of them had actual knowledge about emulator development or a clue on how to maintain such a massive piece of software.

We still have Ryujinx for the needs of emulating Switch games, but I think that what happened was just pathetic - all just virtue signalling and copium, while no one actually skilled enough wanted to develop the software because of the lawsuit risk.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Torzu and sudachi are the most active public forks atm and both release updates regularly and will most likely continue to do so, sudachi has an experienced developer who worked on it for a while even before the lawsuit and Torzu is literally developed anonymously on the dark web so it can't be taken down at all.

Last edited by tet666,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's been dead for over a month bro devs took the easy way out and settled than ran away like cowards into the night with all their patreon money. time to change to RYU

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, totally dead and the forks are just a copy and paste of the last public build.

I tried suyu (waste of time) and the latest sudachi Android and found it to be worse than my last public yuzu build. Load times were quicker but gameplay was visibly slower with same settings applied and the latest turnip driver applied... Which in itself has improved my yuzu performance.

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, totally dead and the forks are just a copy and paste of the last public build.

I tried suyu (waste of time) and the latest sudachi Android and found it to be worse than my last public yuzu build. Load times were quicker but gameplay was visibly slower with same settings applied and the latest turnip driver applied... Which in itself has improved my yuzu performance.

Mobile builds where in very early stages of development when yuzu got canned and will never be completed now the active forks mostly focus on maintenance for newer games and work completely fine on PC.
The truth is also most mobile devices are just too slow to emulate the switch accurately without tons of hacks and only the most recent arm devices are now getting to a point where it actually makes sense so maybe something else will come around soon who knows.

Last edited by tet666,
Reactions: Vorde

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Torzu and sudachi are the most active public forks atm and both release updates regularly and will most likely continue to do so, sudachi has an experienced developer who worked on it for a while even before the lawsuit and Torzu is literally developed anonymously on the dark web so it can't be taken down at all.
But the important thing is, which is better?
Torzu, or Sudachi?
I haven't really tried Torzu yet, and Sudachi last time I tried was simply Yuzu with the Horizon UI feature compiled in.
It'd be interesting to see which one comes up on top.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
But the important thing is, which is better?
Torzu, or Sudachi?
I haven't really tried Torzu yet, and Sudachi last time I tried was simply Yuzu with the Horizon UI feature compiled in.
It'd be interesting to see which one comes up on top.
Looks like Torzu is more developed and getting updates faster. It also takes fixes for Suyu and Sudachi and implements.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like Torzu is more developed and getting updates faster. It also takes fixes for Suyu and Sudachi and implements.
I did read on the GitHub page that they are apparently doing a limited public development?
Like no pull requests, bug reports or stuff like that is what I'm getting from the post. Doesn't look good tho, that's how issues are tackled in the first place for such big projects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    chrisrlink @ chrisrlink: lol +1