Hacking Is your 3DS banned?

Is your 3DS banned?

• Total voters

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I approve of this thread. I'm interested as well. I don't have a device, but I'd like to know in case I do get one later.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about it, this should probably have one more option added; "Sky3DS private header (public header used)". With all the reports of people being banned on private headers that used a public header at some point, I really think this is necessary.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with ban reports and a poll like this is anyone can claim anything.

Hence someone already voting for cia when I don't know of any reputable posts about being banned for only using cias.
There's always a margin of error that has to be made for falsehoods or misunderstanding. Say... 5-10% of that sample?

Celebrimbor360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about it, this should probably have one more option added; "Sky3DS private header (public header used)". With all the reports of people being banned on private headers that used a public header at some point, I really think this is necessary.

I probably should have said private header ONLY and CIA ONLY... Hope people get the idea if you use both public and private header, public header is mostly likely the cause. That being said afaik no one is 100% clear how Nintendo is doing this now, so all is based on your own experience.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with ban reports and a poll like this is anyone can claim anything.

Hence someone already voting for cia when I don't know of any reputable posts about being banned for only using cias.

That's how all polls work. Going to have to make your own assumption based on what the data tells you.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a margin of error that has to be made for falsehoods or misunderstanding. Say... 5-10% of that sample?

That's how all polls work. Going to have to make your own assumption based on what the data tells you.

Sure, but in the case of a poll on gbatemp I'd honestly put that uncertainty much higher. We'll see how many people claim bans via private headers and cias first though.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if I'm not banned yet but get banned in a week and can't or don't update my vote?

Why would you vote before you're banned? There isn't an option to say "I haven't been banned". If you want to see the results, you can just press the "View Results" button. Thats what I'm doing.

I wonder how the .cia guy got banned.

Probably a BS vote. It was up there pretty quickly. I'd personally exclude 25% of the votes if/once they rise a bit more just to account for the trolls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?