Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Ludwig-V

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, mistakes have been made, I brick my vWii on my Wii U and it hangs on the black screen, is there a way to repair it? I have been reading a lot of threads about this but anything seems to work.
I don't have NAND backup. An immense thank you in advance

Ludwig-V

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, mistakes have been made, I brick my vWii on my Wii U and it hangs on the black screen, is there a way to repair it? I have been reading a lot of threads about this but anything seems to work.
I overwrite vWii IOS'es with Wii ones, including IOS80. :cry::sad::grog::yayu::unsure::wacko::!:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe it's fixable from Wii U mode, you have to replace the IOS files on NAND with the original ones. I don't know which files need to be replaced though, and you would have to get the original files from someone who backed up theirs.

Reactions: Ludwig-V

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to unbrick vWii with a NAND backup? And, I guess I won't be attempting to install a Wii system menu, since that bricked the OP.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone tell me how to unbrick vWii with a NAND backup?
The only way (for now, but insert usual disclaimer on WiiU scene output) to restore a nand backup is via hardmod

Using ftpiiu-everywhere, it's possible to edit or replace Vwii nand files, which should be enough to fix banner bricks (delete /title/ folder of bad channel) or bad/Wii version of critical IOS (replace contents of title contents folder with correct one)

And, I guess I won't be attempting to install a Wii system menu, since that bricked the OP.
As well documented on the Vwii hacking sticky...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you could use ftpiiu_everywhere but only if you replace files, and even that is not very nice.
ftpiiu doesn't set the file's permission correctly (owner/read/execute).
a user deleted entirely his vWii NAND with ftpiiu and put back someone else files (which is wrong, the keys and consoleID doesn't match anymore), but it didn't work due to bad permissions.
someone released a python script to set all vWii files in full permission (read/write/execute) if you really want to go that way.

But I don't recomment it.
The alternative I suggest is to launch a vWii wad manager injected into a WiiU Wii virtual console.
it will launch vWii mode and launch the wad manager with full NAND permission. From here you reinstall the proper vWii IOS to overwrite the Wii version you installed.

You can find a guide I wrote here :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687375

I don't know if you'll have any issue creating the forwarder channel.
I tried, and failed :(
it works fine for most users, I don't know why I can't do it myself.
if it fails, someone else might help you (but can't publicly share it here), or you'll have to manually create it instead of using a script.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could use ftpiiu_everywhere but only if you replace files, and even that is not very nice.
ftpiiu doesn't set the file's permission correctly (owner/read/execute).
a user deleted entirely his vWii NAND with ftpiiu and put back someone else files (which is wrong, the keys and consoleID doesn't match anymore), but it didn't work due to bad permissions.
someone released a python script to set all vWii files in full permission (read/write/execute) if you really want to go that way.

But I don't recomment it.
The alternative I suggest is to launch a vWii wad manager injected into a WiiU Wii virtual console.
it will launch vWii mode and launch the wad manager with full NAND permission. From here you reinstall the proper vWii IOS to overwrite the Wii version you installed.

You can find a guide I wrote here :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7687375

I don't know if you'll have any issue creating the forwarder channel.
I tried, and failed :(
it works fine for most users, I don't know why I can't do it myself.
if it fails, someone else might help you (but can't publicly share it here), or you'll have to manually create it instead of using a script.

pretty clever idea there. :)

Reactions: MichiS97

Ludwig-V

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I managed to install channels that allow me to enter the Wii Homebrew apps but without going through homebrew, the problem is that since I do not have the original IOS of VWii I can not do anything, for example, Nintendont opens but it will not load any game because of the lack of vWii IOS58. I know it is not legal to ask for those files here, but I already searched and searched Google and simply do not find the vWii IOS58 v6432.wad and the VWii IOS80.wad, I only found the Wii files, but that were the files that make the whole mess begging with. would be of great help if just giving me a clue how to find those two files. Thank you.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to install channels that allow me to enter the Wii Homebrew apps but without going through homebrew, the problem is that since I do not have the original IOS of VWii I can not do anything, for example, Nintendont opens but it will not load any game because of the lack of vWii IOS58. I know it is not legal to ask for those files here, but I already searched and searched Google and simply do not find the vWii IOS58 v6432.wad and the VWii IOS80.wad, I only found the Wii files, but that were the files that make the whole mess begging with. would be of great help if just giving me a clue how to find those two files. Thank you.
I think you can use ModMii to generate them. You can also use NUSD to download them from NUS.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't generate the vWii IOS.
they need to be clean, dumped from NAND, without a bad signature.

someone will help you.. eventually in few hours, if you tell which one you miss. only these two?

D

Deleted User

don't generate the vWii IOS.
they need to be clean, dumped from NAND, without a bad signature.

someone will help you.. eventually in few hours, if you tell which one you miss. only these two?
Well there is a alternative, it's totally like nobody here has made a nusdownloader mod that actually decrpyts vwii files from nus correctly. COUGH COUGH totally not me COUGH. But you'll still need to know which files to drop since it grabs a little more data than it should. (like there will be 01 02 03 on vwii. and through the downloader, it could result in 01 02 03 04, and it's pretty sloppy on my part, I just changed a key and that's it. didn't even change the version value, nor did I even bother fixing any bugs. Also don't bother packing it into a wad as that won't work either. Go to google and look for wiiu title database, from there find the wiiubrew page that is in that name. And go to the vwii section. I'm still debating if I should or shouldn't link it here. Because it does include a wiiu key... which, keys and stuff like that isn't exactly... allowed).

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well there is a alternative, it's totally like nobody here has made a nusdownloader mod that actually decrpyts vwii files from nus correctly. COUGH COUGH totally not me COUGH.
[...]Also don't bother packing it into a wad as that won't work either.
that's what I'm talking about, don't pack to wad. the wad won't work.
what you do is get the vWii decrypted file, then replace them with ftpiiu? yes, that's another solution. I'm not against it if you know which file you need.

It's just that, based on the guide I linked above, it's using clean dump wad format, and most users think about "packing to wad" when they hear about NUSD or modmii.
if you can pack to wad properly from a program, then that would be fine to use NUSD Mod with pack to wad option.

Sorry that you can't post your link because of the key(s), it would have helped more users to have alternative methods to fix their broken vWii.

Last edited by Cyan,

Ludwig-V

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you to everyone that helped me to resolve this nightmare that I create with ignorance, especially you, you know who you are! :grog::bow::yayu:. God Bless this community and happy new year 2018 to everyone!!!!

Reactions: SuperDan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he did.
did you follow my guide like he did ?

do you know which IOS you need to fix ?
80, 58, all ?
did you follow a proper vwii softmod guide and followed the important steps to make clean IOS dump of all your IOSes? you did, right? because now you need them, and that's why that step shouldn't have been skipped.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1