ROM Hack Discussion Is Xenoverse 2 save encryption being worked on by anyone?

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish. Or I'd already have the 21 outfit and raid boss moves by now. At least super soul mods are working with layeredFS and the remote debugger came out. There's a cheat table from the PC version and that can be used as reference for finding the addresses on the Switch version with the universal values. It may even be possible to find a way to make boss skills usable and the unreleased 21 outfit equippable by editing the skills and outfits files and layeredfs. You have to extract the romfs of the entire game plus the updated romfs to get the newest game files and it requires repacking a 600 megabyte file with edited files to work. it's a lot of waiting and uses a lot of space. We'll need to make a XV2patcher for Switch so we can put mods in a /data/ folder instead of repacking the large 600 megabyte file. Also a lot of mods will require getting the Switch version files and porting them from the PC version.

Gameboy Color

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploaded is a save file. If someone can decrypt the .DAT file, out should come a .SAV file.

This would allow us to use this save editor to edit save files.

https://xenoversemods.com/mods/xv2-save-editor-0-74/

All we need is the .SAV file and a way to put it back into a .DAT.

Attachments

• Xenoverse 2 100% storymode + SSB Transformation.zip
    706.5 KB · Views: 417

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we would need to figure out what actual format the encryption of the save is and if it even has a header.

I did take a look at the switch save and xv2savdec.exe.

PC save filesize is hardcoded into the exe as 0xB08C0 & 0xB0818 byte, switch version is 0xB0800 & 0xB0780
PC save has an extra 32 byte MD5 header, this header is not present in the switch version.

After reversing how the tool works, i could successfully write a decrypter for the switch version.
here tool + source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1zznqhkmmbiax0/xv2savdec_switch.zip?dl=0
place "xv2savdec.exe" in the same folder as "savefile1.sav" and run it to create "savefile1.sav.dec"

Note1: I only reversed the decrypt function, not the encrypt
Note2: XV2 Save Editor 0.7.4 does not fully work with the decrypted save, a new editor needs to be made.
Note3: i'm not even playing the game, so don't expect me to finish this, it was just a quick 10 minute work to make this proof of concept tool.

Gameboy Color

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did take a look at the switch save and xv2savdec.exe.

PC save filesize is hardcoded into the exe as 0xB08C0 & 0xB0818 byte, switch version is 0xB0800 & 0xB0780
PC save has an extra 32 byte MD5 header, this header is not present in the switch version.

After reversing how the tool works, i could successfully write a decrypter for the switch version.
here tool + source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1zznqhkmmbiax0/xv2savdec_switch.zip?dl=0
place "xv2savdec.exe" in the same folder as "savefile1.sav" and run it to create "savefile1.sav.dec"

Note1: I only reversed the decrypt function, not the encrypt
Note2: XV2 Save Editor 0.7.4 does not fully work with the decrypted save, a new editor needs to be made.
Note3: i'm not even playing the game, so don't expect me to finish this, it was just a quick 10 minute work to make this proof of concept tool.
wow it actually works!!!!! u rule dude

now all we need is the file to encrypt back omgggggg. your really appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1