Is Windows 10 safe to use?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I wouldn't trust built-in firewall to check telemetry tbh. There might be a way to get updates while blocking telemetry but even blocking telemetry has it's limits. 3rd party firewall software might not be able to detect if we are connecting to some specific microsoft servers or not because of the fact that windows is a closed sourced OS, so who knows what is going inside it.
yeah - this is why I mentioned using an external firewall!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I won't even get started on the software that runs on the medical equipment or is used by the billing dept.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the medical, business software would work fine in Wine if they were allowed to test!
But we all know that the software companies of these places would not officially support running it this way, and so the business simply wouldn't do it.

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if many of the medical, business software would work fine in Wine if they were allowed to test!
But we all know that the software companies of these places would not officially support running it this way, and so the business simply wouldn't do it.

Putting licensing agreements aside, they certainly would work but as said it would be at the cost of support/liability etc. You also have to deal with some that decide to ship you hardware with preinstalled images therefore you don't get access to installers. Very many WYSE thin pc's worked that way many years ago and any update to the OS had to be supplied directly by them, during that time they would also update any preconfigured software.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)