Is using a private header on two systems simultaneously okay?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by genericuser, Sep 19, 2015.

1. genericuser
    OP

genericuser GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    I have two 3dses. I want to play local co-op by using the original cart on one and gateway on the other (to avoid using download play or having to inject a different private header). The gateway has a dump of the cart on it. Is there any risk of getting banned by using the same private header on two systems at the same time?

2. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Not sure if local co-op can be considered online play.
    The normal is that with two systems using the same header at same time ONLINE, you most likely get banned. But usually online is multiplayer in a server. So not sure if only local co-op would be the same.

3. genericuser
    OP

genericuser GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks. I decided to inject a unique private header. It turns out it is very easy to do, I've just never tried it before.

lemanuel likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You don't even need a header to play local multiplayer I believe, you can just rename the extension to .3ds.
    Kinda unrelated, but in certain games if you try going online in the same game with the same header on multiple consoles, it won't let more than one connect at a time, but I haven't heard of any bans happening as a result of doing that.

genericuser and lemanuel like this.