piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Preloader#SDHC_Conflict

QUOTE said:
Am I correct to assume that the current preloader interferes with the ability to use SDHC cards for SD Menu? Kmclaugh 16:22, 4 April 2009

yes it does. so they shouldn't work. Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)

I don't have an sdhc card to test this

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It normally should not. :wtf:

Maybe the problems apear when you enable some hacks, for example "Region free channels SD card"...

Another quick question: Is It safe to just install preloader 0.29 over preloader 0.29 again? I'm unsure to do this, because the Wii it should be done on isn't mine. ...aaaandd what's the effect of reinstalling it?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its more than likely caused by people switching the system menu to run off of a Lower IOS, or a CIOS249 which is a option in preloader.
this is just a guess by the way

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
It normally should not. :wtf:

Maybe the problems apear when you enable some hacks, for example "Region free channels SD card"...

Another quick question: Is It safe to just install preloader 0.29 over preloader 0.29 again? I'm unsure to do this, because the Wii it should be done on isn't mine. ...aaaandd what's the effect of reinstalling it?

Sorry to ask, but why would you install preloader.29 over .29?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Det1re @ Apr 17 2009, 04:48 PM) It normally should not. :wtf:

piratesmack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:

Should be safe, I've done it.

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiBlaster @ Apr 17 2009, 01:50 PM) its more than likely caused by people switching the system menu to run off of a Lower IOS, or a CIOS249 which is a option in preloader.
this is just a guess by the way

Thanks, didn't think of that.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, piratesmack.

moose94 said:
Det1re said:

He has problems with his Wii's stability (sometimes the Wii just goes to a black screen, same with HBC apps... appears all random through) and he supposes it has something to do with preloader. And since there's no way to uninstall preloader I suggested, we could reinstall preloader.

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Det1re said:
Thanks, piratesmack.

moose94 said:
Det1re said:

He has problems with his Wii's stability (sometimes the Wii just goes to a black screen, same with HBC apps... appears all random through) and he supposes it has something to do with preloader. And since there's no way to uninstall preloader I suggested, we could reinstall preloader.

thats supposed to be ok, but it is alot more likely that his problem isnt with the preloader but with a cios. Try reinstalling a clean 249 then patching it to rev9.

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why you want preloader just wait for bootmii
smile.gif

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Apekop said:
thats supposed to be ok, but it is alot more likely that his problem isnt with the preloader but with a cios. Try reinstalling a clean 249 then patching it to rev9.

So you mean I should completely uninstall IOS249 through AnyTitle Deleter and then run cIOS installer rev XX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-