is this top screen broken?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DarkWay, Mar 28, 2010.

Mar 28, 2010

is this top screen broken? by DarkWay at 3:45 PM (558 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    hey guys and gals of temp,

I know this has most likely been answered several times before but the search function failed me with unrelated stuff and semi0related stuff but that stuff was a slightly different problem.

I have my cousins DS lite here (no joke) they dropped it outside their house and it cracked the right hinge I said I'll fix it for their birthday.

so I took it aart replaced the case put a new hinge in (it was missing >.>) finally managed to get the annoyingly difficult shoulder buttons in put it together and turned it on bottom screen flashed white top screen stayed blank [​IMG]

took it apart again reattached the top screen ribbon (making sure it was right this time) put it back together aaaand bottom screen comes on perfcetly fine top screen stays black with the backlight on.......[​IMG] [​IMG]

so basically that's my problem top screen stays black but the backlight comes on is the screen dead?
    It seriously can't be the ribbon again can it? I KNOW it's in perfectly this time.

thanks in advance for your help tempers

it has also come to my attention that the DS turns itself off if I close it while it's turned on?

2. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    hello probably you damaged the upper lcd cable
    so upper lcd need to be replaced, the easy way is to test it before closing all the housing

3. Prime_Zero

Member Prime_Zero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't see what the problem is.. just take off the top screen part and tell them you fixed there game boy advance.. [​IMG]

Oh..I get it you want a better answer... than I agree with the post above the LCD screen must be damaged probably the ribbon that connects to the mother bored of the ds. When changing ds shells I found lots of warning about how the smallest hair line cracks in the ribbon could ruin it, seems to be a delicate part. [​IMG]