is this stuck or dead pixels?

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey everyone, my 3ds xl has some dark blue pixels on the screen and they are spreading.... the pixels look black most of the time but they look more blue when on a white screen for example. i'll include some picures. i hope it can be fixed easily!

20230902_142130.jpg
20230902_141853.jpg
20230902_141731.jpg

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Look like physical damage to a display panel. Replacing it would be the logical choice
ahh that sucks... i don't have any experience with console repairs (i would like to get into that but i don't want to ruin my own 3ds) and my parents probably wouldnt allow me to spend more than 40 euros on a repair. i could buy a 30 dollar ifixit toolkit and then a cheap for parts 3ds but it would cost me around 50 dollars and if i do smth wrong...
do you have any tips, and do you know if it can get worse even if i keep it in a crocheted case when traveling with it?

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh that sucks... i don't have any experience with console repairs (i would like to get into that but i don't want to ruin my own 3ds) and my parents probably wouldnt allow me to spend more than 40 euros on a repair. i could buy a 30 dollar ifixit toolkit and then a cheap for parts 3ds but it would cost me around 50 dollars and if i do smth wrong...
do you have any tips, and do you know if it can get worse even if i keep it in a crocheted case when traveling with it?
There's honestly no other way to fix the display itself, since it's a whole part by itself, as for the defect getting worse... not even i would guarantee that for a brand new console. Electronics are bound to break down one day, as it's in the nature of the components used to make them

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's honestly no other way to fix the display itself, since it's a whole part by itself, as for the defect getting worse... not even i would guarantee that for a brand new console. Electronics are bound to break down one day, as it's in the nature of the components used to make them
hmmmm, i'll wait a little and if it gets really bad i'll just buy a new bottom screen and give it a shot. i watched a few videos on that repair and i might be able to do it, there's no soldering involved so yeah. if anyone has tips on where to buy a spare bottom screen and repairing tools please lmk!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's the bottom screen right?

They're relatively cheap to buy on Aliexpress, but it's kind of annoying repair, but not as bad as the top screen.

Reactions: Lavender01

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yep it is! i'll look into aliexpress listings. and as for the repair itself, it looks doable to me!
Yeah just a lot of ribbon cables, that's why it's "annoying" And maybe removing the digitizer from the lcd seem to be the hardest part imho.

Lavender01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah just a lot of ribbon cables, that's why it's "annoying" And maybe removing the digitizer from the lcd seem to be the hardest part imho.
yeah the ribbon cables are a bit annoying and you have to be very careful with them. and maybe if i find a cheap 3ds for parts i won't have to separate the digitizer from the lcd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids