OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thesuperspot.piczo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have been looking all around the web for a long time now...
unsure.gif

This is what i have learned:

1. Wii isos will not work on the Wii without a Modchip :'(
2. Modchips are not really to be toyed with in installation because they may have fatal affects on the wii if done incorrectly (solder chips)
3. A)there is a product called wlip that is used for easy installation.
B)Wlip and a micro chip are solder less so the wii warranty will not be ruined. (Apparently)
unsure.gif

C)Wlip will easily connect to any microchip based product without a circuit board.
D)Wlip are not available to the public currently.
4. (Not sure...) Modchips either need to be replaced or updated every so often
ohmy.gif

5. A wiinja is just a micro chip other than like wiikey which is like a circuit board. (i know there are more products but did most research on these 2 key items)
smile.gif

6. I have searched many products other than Wiikey and Wiinja, but i find these to be the best options.
7. These are in fact i||eg@| so i know I'm at risk any time.
ph34r.gif

8. I have read all the instructions of installation!
lecture.gif

9. The chip you purchase is not what costs the money it's the programming that does.
wacko.gif

10. a)I will need special tools to open my wii. (A Tri-Wing driver)
b)THIS is important!! I do not know what type of wii I have whether it's a d2a d2b or d2c because I can't open the wii and i do not currently have it with me...
dry.gif
I cant check the serial code because i currently dont posses it.
cry.gif

11. There is no heating issues with the Wii at all, apparently.
12. Modchips are available for other consoles... What would be the best one for a ps2 and how much would it cost?

Now the fun part!!
Heres a bunch of questions!!!

1. Is it possible to install a Wiikey onto a d2c???
2. I'd like to keep it at least under $100 Canadian.
3. After downloading Wii isos will i need to edit them with a special program or something like that?
4. ARE WII CHIPS STABLE? Like r the support sites for Wiikey working; and what are other support sites?
5. I have seen many people talking about chips or sum thing like blablaDSFH678HDF and I'm wondering wtf? what are these?
6. Can u get a program to make your own microchips with the right software?
7. Are any products released right now actually going to be steady for service?
8. Where would the cheapest place to buy stuff be.
9. DO YOU NEED TO REPLACE THEM CAUSE THIS IS CONFUSING!!!

If u wish to contact me other than posting, i have two e-mail addresses that i check every 1-3 days.
Gmail
Hotmail

Thanks to Spartan for pointing out about spam and making me realize that one is a Hotmail instead of another Gmail.

Generic Question
How do i set avatars and basic forum options like the pictures below text and stuff?
I'm a total newb at this.

If anyone would be interested or bored enough to talk to me 1 on 1.
I am a very fast learner, very tolerant, and very excited to learn about this stuff from a personal source.

Cheers!
grog.gif

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
11. there apparently is a feature that after installing the wlip or modchips there are heating issues with the standby feature
mad.gif

this is just a Wii problem which is not caused by a chip

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wlip has some overheating issues, or used to. not sure if they fixed it. Might's well not get a wlip n solder
wink.gif
wiikey install is really easy if you have an older wii. If you have a newer.. it's harder. D2C is a nightmare
wink.gif

you can check the wiikey chip roughly by entering the serial code here -> http://nintendo-scene.com/wiitracker/search.php

ps2 -> chip, doesn't have to be updated really since the console is almost dead
wink.gif
but check the maxconsole ps2 section.

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
wlip has some overheating issues, or used to. not sure if they fixed it. Might's well not get a wlip n solder
wink.gif
wiikey install is really easy if you have an older wii. If you have a newer.. it's harder. D2C is a nightmare
wink.gif

you can check the wiikey chip roughly by entering the serial code here -> http://nintendo-scene.com/wiitracker/search.php

ps2 -> chip, doesn't have to be updated really since the console is almost dead
wink.gif
but check the maxconsole ps2 section.
What do you mean by 'Wlip has some overheating issues'? No one knows as no one has used it yet. Other hardware like this for the PS2 has had problems, but you can't say the same about the Wlip yet.

Also, that URL is to check the DVD Chipset, not the wiikey chip.

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it isn't even checked if the modchips or the wlip are the cause of it, i have 6 friends which have the overheating problem and they don't even have it chipped, it's in the Wii itself where there problem is, not in the modchips or wlip

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's warranty is NEVER voided. They do not have any means of checking that you did or did not open your Wii and modify it.

If you remove your chip and send it to them, they will not know (unless you did a HORRIFIC job I suppose). I know this because I did it myself due to that overheat problem that popped up right when i installed the wiikey (weird coincidence?)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Is it possible to install a Wiikey onto a d2c??? no
2. I'd like to keep it at least under $100 Canadian. That's possible
3. After downloading Wii isos will i need to edit them with a special program or something like that? No, just burn & play
4. ARE WII CHIPS STABLE? Like r the support sites for Wiikey working; and what are other support sites? Sites may be offline sometimes. Like the wiikey site now is. Nobody knows what's happened to them yet
5. I have seen many people talking about chips or sum thing like blablaDSFH678HDF and I'm wondering wtf? what are these? Don't know for sure, perhaps hash checks for the ISO's
6. Can u get a program to make your own microchips with the right software? you can download opensource modchip software and put it on a chip if that's what you mean
9. DO YOU NEED TO REPLACE THEM CAUSE THIS IS CONFUSING!!! Eventually you'll probably have to update the software on the chip to keep up with Nintendo's new protections. So get a chip that is updateable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-