Hacking Is this possible? SD Card Application?

XRacer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been thinking, since I don't want to update to 4.0, and I want to stay on 3.2, maybe somebody could develop a homebrew app to load VC/WiiWare games from the SD Card? Is that possible?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XRacer101 said:
I've been thinking, since I don't want to update to 4.0, and I want to stay on 3.2, maybe somebody could develop a homebrew app to load VC/WiiWare games from the SD Card? Is that possible?
It wouldn't be easy.

Nintendo still hasn't been able to load them from the SD card.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
It wouldn't be easy.

Maybe I'm not getting the real meaning of that, but I swear I'm able to load Pokémon Puzzle League from my SD card...
unsure.gif

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
Arm the Homeless said:
It wouldn't be easy.

Maybe I'm not getting the real meaning of that, but I swear I'm able to load Pokémon Puzzle League from my SD card...
unsure.gif
Nintendo's works by temporally copying the SD data to NAND. Essentially installing a WAD and then deleting it when needed.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ufff we would need to reverse engeneering the entire SysMenu 4.0 (W/E version it is) and then take just the part that loads games from the SD card, then create a tool that converts .wad files into the format the Wii handles, and that........I think it wont be any easy task to do..!!
smile.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm if im not mistaken didn't comex write an app (might not be comex) that plays legit wiiware/vc off the sd card without the need of being on 4.0

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator's cboot2 apparently allows one to run a cIOS without actually installing it. Perhaps this can one day be expanded to run wads?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
there is not such app, the app has been requested thousands of times, and it never got even started, when 4.0 came out, everybody stoped asking for it, and they just updated to 4.0, just as flys follow the light, or bees the honey..!!
tongue.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really is no reason at this point NOT to install 4.0. It is the standard and will probably continue to be unless nintendo makes a really huge change for 5.0

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
koji2009 said:
There really is no reason at this point NOT to install 4.0. It is the standard and will probably continue to be unless nintendo makes a really huge change for 5.0

Really..??
huh.gif
I thought that it was only installed by:

1.People who need the SD loading thingy
2.People who like to be as up-to-date as possible and/or don't know about Wii homebrew
3.People who has a working internet conection on their Wii (otherwise there is no game with the 4.0 update in it)

I've seen many people that decided to stay on 3.2 for many reason, I do it because it is fun to try to get the best of the newer updates without loosing functionability on the apps I want and/or use..!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello