Gaming Is this Netbook a good deal?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
To me it doesn't seem like a good deal. It just looks like they're trying to get rid of older inferior netbooks.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd be looking at a better netbook than that if I were you, such as the MSI Wind U100, also that supports OSX and has a 160GB HDD, so it should fit your needs well.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
900 is running Celeron, not Atom, so your battery life is going to be shit. Go for at least a 901, if you have bigger hands, you'd probably want to look for something in the 1000 series. Also, closer to $400, but the Samsung Netbooks (in particular the NC10 are nice, I have purchased an Aspire One, a Samsung NC10 and an Asus EEEPC901, and I'd recommend the NC10 out of all of those.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So in other words don't buy it. You can get WAY better deals if you look hard enough. $200 for a 4 gb memory linux computer. I mean seriously. LINUX! And 4 gb, explain how that is functional for a computer. What i carry around in my DSi ( 4 gb microsd + 1 gb Sd ) has more memory than that.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no one here has yet to mention the acer aspire one i got mine for £200 and it had intel atom 1GB ram and 120GB hdd ITS GGGGREAT and i have been using mine for about half a year now with know problems infact i'm using it to type wright now
tongue.gif

i have windows xp pro and ubuntu hardy herion running side by side with 60GB each of HDD space and they run flawlessly i would definitely recommend it to anyone

p.s i say had 1GB of ram as i upgraded my ram to 1.5GB it was a pain but there are some good vids on youtube on how to do it the MAX ram is 1.5 by the way(0.5 on the motherboard and 1.0 in a ram slot expansion)

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even though the Intel Atom is at 1,66 GHz atm it isn't really faster than the 900 Mhz Celeron.
It's just faster in stuff which uses multiple cores due to Hyperthreading

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i personally think that the eeepc is quite crap that is unless you are willing to sell out extra bucks for a newer version that has the needed specification
sleep.gif
, i will go have a good look around and be back soon to report results UP UP AND AWAY

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raki said:
Even though the Intel Atom is at 1,66 GHz atm it isn't really faster than the 900 Mhz Celeron.
It's just a bit faster according to benchmarks... but it also uses a lot less power.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Linkiboy said:
Raki said:
It's just a bit faster according to benchmarks... but it also uses a lot less power.

yeah, but I just wanted to show, that Playallday shouldn't go just for MHz

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
So in other words don't buy it. You can get WAY better deals if you look hard enough. $200 for a 4 gb memory linux computer. I mean seriously. LINUX! And 4 gb, explain how that is functional for a computer. What i carry around in my DSi ( 4 gb microsd + 1 gb Sd ) has more memory than that.
Linux is far better than any other operating system there is. Its far faster than windows xp on netbooks and there is even a special version of ubuntu called netbook remix. and on top off all that it doesn't get viruses like windows. So defenitly get linux on your netbook when you get one. But personally I wouldn't get this one the ram and processer are too weak.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I have an Acer Aspire One 8GB.Its really sloooooowwwwwwww. Windows XP is a no-go. The linux that comes with the laptop crashed on day one. I have KukI Linux now its works okay. But for school I need Microsoft Office Access and Excel to create databases.

Do not get it.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OMFG said:
512mb of ram is ok when running linux.
But 900Mhz? thats way to slow 1.6 should be minimum.
And you cant get 2.5 i believe 1.86 is the max atm.
If you plan to upgrade to other systems then you should get atleast 1gb of ram.

Those Mhz are just for the eyes...the N270 isn't really better than the celeron (in terms of processing speed)
Atoms go up to 2 GHZ, but those are out of the Z series which was developed for UMPCs and is way way slower than the N series

You can't compare a Pentium M with a Atom just at MHz speeds

damn Intel's marketing works good...

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well the 1000HV is foolish in my eyes because dedicated graphics suck for devices with no real graphics usage and for this the TDP of a HD 3450 is way too high

What I want:

More processing power (looking forward to the N4XX series of the atoms), longer battery life, fanless, solid casing (like the one of the 701 or something rubberised), decent IGP

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Allow me to recommend the Asus Eee Pc 1000he. Uses the newest Atom N280 with a faster FSB, 9.5 hours of battery life, wireless N, 1gb ram. I ordered one and I am picking it up tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL