Are there any good alternatives to iTunes for managing iOS devices?

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to use iTunes to manage some iOS devices, and the Windows version of it is abysmal - slow, clunky, messes with other active programs, and device detection is hit and miss. Are there any good software alternatives that can manage files/images/music/backups for iOS devices?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how seamless you could make it, but a cloud storage service could work? I use OneDrive to move files on and off my iPhone for a similar reason to your dislike of iTunes, and then move things around using the out of box Files app.

Haven't needed to open iTunes in a good while.

QuarterOfTen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how seamless you could make it, but a cloud storage service could work? I use OneDrive to move files on and off my iPhone for a similar reason to your dislike of iTunes, and then move things around using the out of box Files app.

Haven't needed to open iTunes in a good while.
How does OneDrive fare when it comes to photos? I already use OneDrive for storing things but I'd like to keep the folder structure OneDrive has in Camera Roll.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How does OneDrive fare when it comes to photos? I already use OneDrive for storing things but I'd like to keep the folder structure OneDrive has in Camera Roll.
That I don't know. I'm not much of a picture taker before so I've traditionally just ignored its attempts to back those up. If you have it already though, may as well just try turning on the photo backup feature (I'm fairly sure that is a feature lol) and seeing if it fits your needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c