is this legit? (converted PSP isos?)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by zanfire, Feb 9, 2012.

Feb 9, 2012
  1. zanfire
    OP

Member zanfire GBAtemp Regular

United States

saw this on youtube. It was on my little side bar thing and the name sounds shady, but i looked anyway. Was wondering if it was real or not. Normally its easy to tell, they shut off comments or are picky with them, they turn off the like/dislike..ect but this one with so many comments has me slightly curious if its true.

im likely getting a vita reguardless, but if i can can still play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on this, i can trade in my old crappy 1000 psp. Only way to play mhp3 in mostly english seems to be w/ CFW, so its one of the big reasons im hoping some sort of at least psp thing is out there...that and sony can suck a giant D**k if im going to pay for my UMDs again (and US dont even get the trade deal as it is)

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    No, it's not, otherwise we would've known about this already. Vita's not hacked, you can only use PSP-Mode, and only in a limited fashion. No ISO loading yet.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    This guy is one of those pretenders who hex edits a firmware and then claims it's a new release (in this case the God CFW). If the username and firmware title don't give it a way i'd like to point out that i believe he's a bit of an egomaniac.

4 people like this.
  4. zanfire
    OP

United States
    eh guess i was just wishing something was true....really dont want to take my PSP and PSV around places...but sony just wants to buttfudge people with its backwards compatibility.

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Considering he uses the FW Xtractor (which I think only works for pre-release beta FWs) and opens the Vita FW in notepad (seriously?), I'd say that's enough evidence from the first ~10 seconds of actual video that this is nonsense. Still, I'll watch the rest to see what the idiot does :P

4 people like this.
  6. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This video is fucking hilarious. Thanks for posting it. I love how excited this kid is about opening an xml in notepad. Highlighting crap over and over. OH MAN, CHECK THIS OUT! OPEN SOURCE GUYSSS!!! CSO HAXXX LOADING PSPZ!

7. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Notepad is the next-gen 1337 HAXXorz Device.

3 people like this.
  8. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    DJGodman

I've seen this guy on Wololo. They keep banning him but he comes back with alt accounts. :P

He's not a hacker but just a silly, attention-starved kid.

9. steve1974

Newcomer steve1974 Advanced Member

Canada
    If sony was smart they'd let the psvita be hacked in psp mode, after all its sandboxed anyways so i doubt it would lead to a vita mode exploit. This would encourage sales and get people buying it to play there psp collection ect. I bought the 3ds only because i could still use my flashcarts and play my ds games and emulators ect and in the course of owning it ive actually purchased about 6 3ds games for the thing. If i could play my psp backups and emulators on vita i would seriously think about buying a system, but until this happens i cant justify spending that kind of money on a device that may fail in the marketplace. The vita is lightyears ahead of the 3ds and unless sony does something major I dont think it will stand a chance against the mighty N.

Im not a fanboy of either system and i do hope the vita will succeed, the hardware is amazing but its competing against a giant and the odds are against it. I actually believe it needs psp mode exploited to stand a chance.

10. xist

United Kingdom
    Since when is driving down PSN sales smart?

11. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    It's funny because he didn't say any of this. Or anything at all, for that matter.

12. xist

United Kingdom
    If you post a video, with lots of comments (incorrect or otherwise) and are attempting to fool other people into believing your scam, then the video itself is saying that. He doesn't explicitly have to shout it into a Mic. It's like if someone was to win the lottery and then posted a video of themselves with the winning ticket and a big grin. Do they really need to say anything explicitly?

DJGodman is just an attention seeker who attempts to blind people with OTT presentation. Could he have possibly hacked the Vita and then posted this video? Not a gnat's chance in hell. The point of the video is just to get people to notice him.....although of course he never actually says "Look at me!"....

13. djricekcn

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can't even move iso's into Vita cause the backup manager blocks it

14. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    Yup. Through this video, I'm sure that he is screaming and creaming his pants over opening an .xml file in Notepad.

Yup.

15. xist

United Kingdom
    Given he claims it's the same as a PS2 elf file nothing is improbable.

2 people like this.
  16. zanfire
    OP

United States
    didnt they a while ago let you bypass the manager?

17. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    No, all that has been done is the manager has been patched to work without connecting to the internet everytime and without forcing you to update your Vita's firmware. Other than that, the functionality is unchanged.

18. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    It states in the first few seconds (0:09) that it is to run PSP games for free, and that it runs PSP emulators and exploits.

You guys really fail at reading.
    Converted PSP isos (.cso) would work in the Vita's PSP emu using the port of HBL or similar.. correct?
    I don't see why everyone here is so quick to claim FAKE and rip the guy when after watching just 9 seconds of the video I understand what he is saying completley.

19. xist

United Kingdom
    Nope. HBL doesn't have an ISO loader. ...as the Vita stands today (and at the time that video was made) there's no way to play PSP ISO's (or Vita ones for that matter)

DJGodman is an example of someone who wants people to think he's far brighter than he actually is.....he's better than a Hex Editor (see Wololo's blog entry) but he's still a clown.

20. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Ah my bad I guess I fail lol I thought that PSP mode was fully cracked now not just some homebrew.