Hardware is this console decent for the price?

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im in the market to buy a used or refurb DS/3DS/2DS console. im on a fixed income since im on disability and cant work. the last console i owned was an original DS lite but it broke on me and quit working. anyhow i was able to find an original 2DS refurbed for around 50$ i know nothing about the OG 2DS aside from the fact that its all one piece is it any good for the price?

some info that might help you answer my question

i plan to play OG DS games such as alien infestation via an R4 card
i dont think i plan on playing any games the require the new features the 2DS XL offers example any games that require a c stick i dont think ill play
lastly i just want something i can play in my spare time i.e. if im laying in bed and wanna relax and game for a bit before bed

feel free to offer any input you may have heres the link to the console i think for 50$ its decent

if it matters i dont think i need what the 2DSXL offers for example sure the dsi had some awesome features but i didnt need them

almost forgot how well will original DS games look on the 2DS screen?

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-2ds-scarlet-red-refurbished.html

Last edited by kaitlin459,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, it seems fine. The old 2DS model is also the only 3DS model that has the same kind of soft buttons as the DS lite, so if you liked the buttons on the DS lite then this is the 2DS model for you.

Also, the 2DS/3DS has higher resolution screens and when playing DS games they will be upscaled to fit the entire screens which makes the DS games look a bit blurry and weird sometimes. Some people don't even notice it, and for some people it's annoying. You can disable the upscaling and make the game screens smaller by holding START/SELECT while opening the game, and there is also homebrew software to make that upscaled image look better, but if you only want to play DS games and you think the upscaled or smaller image could annoy you, then maybe you should look for a normal DS console instead.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it seems fine. The old 2DS model is also the only 3DS model that has the same kind of soft buttons as the DS lite, so if you liked the buttons on the DS lite then this is the 2DS model for you.

Also, the 2DS/3DS has higher resolution screens and when playing DS games they will be upscaled to fit the entire screens which makes the DS games look a bit blurry and weird sometimes. Some people don't even notice it, and for some people it's annoying. You can disable the upscaling and make the game screens smaller by holding START/SELECT while opening the game, and there is also homebrew software to make that upscaled image look better, but if you only want to play DS games and you think the upscaled or smaller image could annoy you, then maybe you should look for a normal DS console instead.

ty ill keep that in mind

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of all the 2/3DS models the O3DS is and looks and feels the oldest. I would choose a old 2DS over the old 3ds, and it is definitely worth the 50 bucks! With a decently sized SD-card you can also enjoy the whole 3ds library...

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves