Hardware Is this a brick or something else?

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was setting up my roommate's 3DS with emunand and all of that stuff, which I've done to 3 of my 3DSes. I was installing some CIAs through FBI, which worked fine and I exited to the home menu in emuNAND and everything was okay, but after I turned it off and tried to turn it back on it just does nothing. The blue light comes on for a few seconds and it just goes off. I didn't mess with sysNAND at all, I haven't dropped the thing. It's an o3DS on 9.2 sys/9.2 emu (I hadn't got a chance to update yet) on RXTools.
I don't know how I could have broken anything, so I'm a little confused as to why it won't come on.
Edit: I also can't boot into safe mode.

Last edited by rufuszombot,

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing the Sd card then turning it on. Might be a messed up menuhax payload.
That was the first thing I tried. From what I've read, it sounds like it may be something lose or broken on the inside, but I'm not for sure since I didn't break it or drop it, I just closed the lid and say it on the table while I loaded stuff to the SD card.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
if you can't enter recovery mode , then probably you installed stuff on sysnand instead of emunand
if you have a nand backup , you can try to restore it and see if it works

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That was the first thing I tried. From what I've read, it sounds like it may be something lose or broken on the inside, but I'm not for sure since I didn't break it or drop it, I just closed the lid and say it on the table while I loaded stuff to the SD card.
Maybe the ribbon cable going to the top screen/speakers is frayed from opening/closing the console. That would cause the problem you're describing. Try putting the lid at another angle when you turn the console on, if it turns on with the lid in a specific position that's definitely the issue.

rufuszombot

Assassin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the ribbon cable going to the top screen/speakers is frayed from opening/closing the console. That would cause the problem you're describing. Try putting the lid at another angle when you turn the console on, if it turns on with the lid in a specific position that's definitely the issue.
It never comes on all the way, but it's like it's trying. The screen just flashes and shuts off. Doesn't seem like the top screen wants to come on at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse