Homebrew Is thew update causing this?

Bondgirl85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or has it always been like this on version 11.6?

I updated my system and everything still works but I notice when I go into the theme shop and try and download any theme it say I already have, it deletes all my themes except for the one I purchased with coins from My Nintendo and one of the free themes I had downloaded from the shop. Did it do the same on the previous version too or is it because I have a NNID?

Now I am afraid to go into the eshop and then all my pirated games disappear if I do anything in it. If I just go in the theme shop and just look than trying to redownload any themes it thinks I have, then nothing will be deleted and I won't get an error code when I try to redownload the theme.

But what would be the point to downgrading? I still wouldn't be able to use the eshop or the theme shop.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Normally, the base unit of software for the 3DS is a title (with its own titleid), however for DLC a title can be broken up into sub-titles (that's why installing a title of DLC from most unofficial sources will give you up to 100 pieces of DLC in one install)

The eShop server knows all titles and sub-titles you actually own a real license for, and when the eShop (the app itself, or the in-app one "downloading please wait a moment") is loaded, it verifies which DLC titles you are supposed to own, then removes all sub-titles of DLC you don't own but are part of a title you own

And yes, it's always been this way - you can logout of your NNID and delete your classic shop account, install all DLC you want, then when the shop account is re-created (by opening any form of the eShop) those currently installed will stay :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But what would be the point to downgrading?
The same as it's always been since B9S - going back for fun/historical reasons, certainly not for this version-independent issue

Bondgirl85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can unlink my NNID and re link it again you mean? I know it makes all the games unplayable I had downloaded from the eshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also will it delete the games too I got from the freeshop?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can unlink my NNID and re link it again you mean?
No, keep it unlinked... NNIDs were always a ripoff, as implemented on 3DS

I know it makes all the games unplayable I had downloaded from the eshop.
It shouldn't... but that's why you can BACKUP your games as .cia and their saves first, and restore them later
(it pisses me off a bit knowing how "backup" is one of the main reasons in favor of piracy, yet few people actually take advantage of the ability of preserving their originals)

Also will it delete the games too I got from the freeshop?
No (again, assuming you're doing this by deleting the act driver's save - the method formerly described as "installing a blank nnidsave.bin") instead of a factory reset

Bondgirl85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it only deletes the pirated DLC content then, not any of the pirated games. But yet it didn't delete my Anemone themes.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it only deletes the pirated DLC content then, not any of the pirated games. But yet it didn't delete my Anemone themes.
because they're not installed as a system-theme much in the same manner as if you download themes from freeshop or install pirated ones via FBI/CIA File

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place