Homebrew Is there such a program as a DS Save Data Deleter

gamepopper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking of selling some 'actual' DS games, but the problem is that some games don't have an option to erase save data. Which means like a racing game, you can't delete saved data so the new owner will already have unlocked tracks and vehicles. So I was wondering if there is/can someone make a program that can delete saved data off actual DS games?

P.S Could there be the same thing but for GBA games too?

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, for the GBA you could write an empty save to the cart using Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool.. (You can get an empty save of the game running said game on an emulator once, this will generate a new save)
For DS is the same, but I think the only thing that can write saves to an original DS cart is an action replay. I think there was a Slot-2 app, but I forgot what it's name was.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
but I think the only thing that can write saves to an original DS cart is an action replay.
No, you got it right last time, Rudolf's tool will let you do that too. Just use your flash cart to create a new save game for these, and convert it to the right save type for original carts (google DS Save Converter). Once you're there, look up the Rudolf's save tool somehow, and find out how you restore savegames onto an original cart. You could even back up your own saves from the carts if you so want.

gamepopper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Once you're there, look up the Rudolf's save tool somehow, and find out how you restore savegames onto an original cart. You could even back up your own saves from the carts if you so want.

Does anyone know the download link? Or do I have to get an EZ 3-in-1?

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
rein and m3dss works great! i used cheats on one of my favorite games (lost magic) and soon after it froze and locked me out of the save and load menu, (DAMN YOU DATEL!) 2 years later i was messing about with rein and i found out it could delete save data on actual carts so i tried it on lost magic and now it works
tongue.gif

(at the time i did have the opera browser pack in, i dunno if that made a difference)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you need a 3-in-1 to do it the easy(er) way unfortunately. There's a wireless tool that is very difficult to setup though. My memory is a bit fuzzy about it seeing as it was such a difficult process. I could dig through my stuff to find the readme's and tools if you can't find the stuff through Google however.

EDIT: Aha, found the tool I was thinking of:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63925

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
I think you need a 3-in-1 to do it the easy(er) way unfortunately. There's a wireless tool that is very difficult to setup though. My memory is a bit fuzzy about it seeing as it was such a difficult process. I could dig through my stuff to find the readme's and tools if you can't find the stuff through Google however.

You just need to setup a FTP server. There's plenty of tutorials on that, and portable tools so no extra software needs be installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw