Homebrew Question Is there such a homebrew to shutdown the switch?

jmleolgq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is there such a homebrew(*.nro) to shutdown the switch?
Or is it difficult to write it by myself?

PS: I know I can use DEVMENU to reboot the console.

ElLelos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think you have autorcm installed and you want a way to power it off safely. as far as i know there is no such a script out yet. to be safe that it is powered off reboot into hektate or sx os payload and choose power off device. thats the only way i know with a software. the other way is to push the poweroff button for about 15-20 sec like mooglazer already said

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into this. @rajkosto hekate has power_off() and your biskeydump & memloader have a similar shutdown_using_pmic() function that run in fusee payloads, any reason these couldn't also be called from within a homebrew NRO? I tested it and it compiles but I'm not thrilled to test it on my only Switch.

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to dismount the SD card resulting in a system shutdown without corrupting SD or is the shutdown only triggered by physical removal?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PMC registers are secure-world-only post 1.0.0 and the I2C stuff needed for PMIC shutdown is probably not in the whitelisted memory ranges allowed to be poked from usermode
If you've booted with the service permissions patch, can homebrew then lever enough power to shut down? How about to boot into RCM, I guess that's a whole different ball game?

Last edited by hippy dave,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are ways but the exploits needed are not public.
I'm not talking about from scratch, running an exploit from OFW. I'm talking about from CFW, when you've already booted from RCM to get full control over the system, so it's a matter of passing along enough of that control to homebrew.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does choosing Power Off from the power options not actually shut the console down for AutoRCM users? Surely it does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill